Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Conference Weekend

We were just going to have a regular old weekend up here in Idaho. On Friday night Richie was up in Ashton covering a FB game and I was working around the house since Miles was asleep, when I got a knock on the door. That is highly irregular considering where we live. Most people get lost or very confused when I try to tell them where we live. I opened the door and saw Jeffrey! I couldn't process it for a few seconds and then I realized Richie's family was really up here! They were exercising their spontaneous muscles and came up on a whim. It made the weekend so much more fun! They got us even more set up with emergency essentials and helped me make salsa to can with their very own tomatoes, onions and peppers from their garden! We made 14 quarts of salsa and a few extra jars of diced tomatoes. Wahoo! Richie actually had someone to go to priesthood session with, Miles was in heaven with a dog to play with (or around, depending on how scared he decided to be) and I was in heaven with so many helping hands for Miles.





1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Wish WE were close enough to just drop in on you every now and then. But don't expect me to come ready for canning. (Crafting maybe.) Though that salsa sounds really good!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...