Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"The Best Things Happen When You're Dancing"

Dancing has been on the back, back, back burner lately. With Richie's new job and class, there is no way to fit dancing in on a regular basis. It was hard enough before just trying to get a sitter etc. But this Saturday The Woodside held a workshop weekend with guest instructors and a live band dance that night so we made extra sure we could go. We looked forward to it all month and it was fantastic. Of course we couldn't go to the workshops all day, but the dance was so much fun. I forget how quickly you get sore dancing when you're pregnant! I'm still feeling the repercussions of my actions there, but it was so worth it. I didn't even mind not dancing every dance, or not being able to dance the really fast ones, it was just fun to dance with Richie. I'm so glad I married my best friend. We have so much fun together and it was nice to remember that on Saturday by just spending some time with just the two of us.


On Monday I'm sure LDS families everywhere celebrated FHE by carving pumpkins. We were no different. Although we were a little weak this year since Richie was writing a story for the paper and trying to carve with Miles was more difficult than expected, we only did one pumpkin. So really, it was just me doing pumpkin carving, but then again, I kind of enjoy that stuff. I found a free template on Family Fun's website. I'd never used a template before that I can remember. What a fantastic idea!! It was so much easier. I call it my spider motif pumpkin. I used the template all the way around.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I love the title of this post, we watch White Christmas from Halloween till Easter, lol! I love it.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Glad you got to go dancing! Love your spider motif pumpkin. Still deciding what we should do with ours. I've been too tired when Mike gets home to even try it yet.

Becca said...

Has Richie completely changed jobs or is this writing job on the side?

We carved pumpkins on Monday night too. :) We did it with some other families, so we were only able to carve one pumpkin and ours is a spider too! Look how alike we are. :)

Glad you were able to go dancing with your man.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I like to think of you two dancing! Looks like Miles really enjoyed the pumpkin carving too!

Rachel said...

Katie- I'm glad you got the song reference!!!
Becca- The writing job is just on the side. He does it in the evenings, covering high school sports etc. It doesn't pay a ton, but it's nice to have some extra cash flow and let Richie have a really good experience.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...