Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's fun having a kid around Halloween time. It's even better when they start to understand the holiday a bit better. I think Halloween may be Miles' favorite holiday. :) He inherited my sweet tooth and he got a kick out of everyone just giving away free candy!! All he had to do was say "treat" and "thank you" and they just gave it to him!! Many times after he had the candy in hand and had said his dutiful thank yous, he would walk away laughing like a crazed person. He absolutely hated being in his costume. Good thing I got it for .50 last year at Wal-Mart after Halloween. He was a monkey. Although without his hat, everyone mistook him for a lion. Whatever. We got one of him smiling, but the rest of the time he was in it he was crying, as featured in the other picture. Oh, and see that amazing trick-or-treat bag? Yeah, I made it. I even appliqued stuff and everything.


I tried to make the day special for us with a out of the ordinary breakfast of cinnamon roll pancakes with homemade buttermilk syrup. I found the recipe on "The Idea Room". They didn't look ANYTHING like the pictures, but they tasted mighty good. We also had our ward friends Mike and Maryanne and their son James over for dinner before the trunk-or-treat. Last year we made sloppy joes and made it look like pumpkin brains as we scooped the joes out of the top of a pumpkin head. This year, Richie decided to make the pumpkin look like he was "losing his lunch" so to speak.


Today for the actual Halloween I tried my hand at my very first pumpkin roll. Heaven on a pan I tell you. Good thing we shared and didn't bring home any left-overs or I'd eat it all up! I must be the only one around this house with a high enough sugar tolerance. Miles had some "fun" diapers and an accompanying rash over the weekend and now Richie's feeling on the down side. It's a life-long effort to build up a tolerance to sugar like I have, but if I can do it anybody can! It makes the holidays so much more bearable. :)

2 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Love his Halloween bag - great job on it! I forgot to get a pic of James and Miles =(
I can't say it enough - I love your hair and I loved your top too!
Thanks again for dinner - it was yummy. You're so good at making yummy things - I need to get back into making some fun recipes!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Miles is the cutest monkey I ever saw! And one day he will LOVE dressing up for Halloween! Nice job on the bag! Blanket stitch?

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...