Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Garner Family, Party of 4

I don't know if I'm mentally capable at this point to process what's really going on! :) I can't believe we are a family of four now and that there is one more sweet little spirit laying on the bed right now that we get to take care of. It's incredible.

I had an appointment on Monday, right after Richie's mom and brother got here Sunday night, and she told me I was dilated to a 4 and 80% effaced. Since I was 1 day overdue, she would let me decide if I wanted to go the induction route at that point. We decided to wait and see if she'd come on her own. Luckily for the sake of our patience, I started having regular contractions that night at about 7. I labored at home while we watched "You've Got Mail" till about midnight. By that point my contractions were more regular and difficult. They continued to get worse at the hospital, but I wanted to try and go without medication if possible, so I tried the whole walking, jacuzzi thing, but wimped out after about 5 or so hours. Oh blessed drugs. Next kid, I'm just calling the hospital in advance and telling them to get the drugs ready. While I had labored without drugs I only progressed maybe from a 4 to a 6, maybe 7. After I got the epidural, it took about 1 hour for me to get to a 10! Richie had to run into work to drop off the keys, so we were glad Gwen waited for me to push till he got back, cause she was ready! I pushed for about 15 minutes and she was here! Full head of dark hair and everything! The official stats being: March 22, 2011, 9 lbs 3 oz, 20.25 inches long, 14.75 head circumference, 8:41 A.M. Full name, Gwendalyn Louise Garner. Gwen, just because we liked it, Louise after both my mom and Richie's mom!

Not that this process was easy or void of throwing up etc, but I'm AMAZED at how much easier child #2 was! Especially the recovery process so far. Let's hope this keeps up! We are so grateful that Richie's mom and brother were here when I went into labor so that Miles was in good hands. He is Tanner's shadow, I think and I'm nervous for when he leaves! Miles seems to be handling the situation fabulously so far, although I still don't think he understands that this baby is a permanent thing. :) Enough talk, here's some pictures!









24 comments:

Makenna said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! Oh she's lovely!!!!! I can't wait to meet her! What a beautiful little family!

Zadi said...

Oh my goodness Rachel! Congratulations! I was SOOO happy when I saw this post and I am SOO happy for you! I can not wait to meet Gwen! She is darling and is in such a wonderful family. I love you!

Becca said...

Oh congratulations! I'm so glad she is here and what a cutie! Good job on making such a cute, healthy, and big baby! We're so excited to meet her and in only a few short months! We're so happy for you. Love you guys.

Brian and Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, she is beautiful! Congrats to you both! Little girls are so much fun and by the looks of things, she already has Richie around her little finger. It happens so quickly. One day your husband has control over himself and the next he's giving his little girl everything she ever wanted. Sometimes (all the time) I have to knock some sense into Brian. Anyway, She's beautiful and you look fabulous! Thank goodness for medication! I tried the natural thing and it's just another realization that I was born in this century for a reason.

Tyler and Sheree said...

Oh she is a cutie! Looks like she is nice to kiss on! I'm so glad everything went well for you. It's a BIG job getting these babies here. Best wishes and lots of love.

One Opinionated Housewife said...

How adorable! I love that picture of Richie gazing at his beautiful daughter. I cannot wait to see her, and post more pictures when you can.

The Wallace Family said...

Thank you for sharing the pics! You all look wonderful and Gwen is just gorgeous. Sending love your way. Can't wait to hold her.

Kate said...

Rachel she is beautiful!! You look so good in your pictures!! I am so glad she finally arrived!

Kelly Spence said...

Yeah, labor hurts huh? Thank goodness for drugs. Glad things went pretty smoothly. Cute name, cute baby. Congratulations.

Katie said...

Awwwww!!! What a sweetie, congrats to all of you!! Glad to hear everything went smoothly, such a relief huh? Yay!!

garnergab said...

Richies and Rach.....What a BEAUTIFUL baby!!!!! Congrats and we are sooo happy for you - an us of course. We love being the favorite aunt and uncle!!! :) 33333

Jared and Andrea said...

She is beautiful!! Congrats you guys!!

ps.. rachel i sent you an invite to our blog.. i have you as a reader but its your hotmail address.. anyway, i sent you another invite to your byui address!!

Jeff and Lori said...

Yay for baby Gwen! And yay for you - you look phenomenal! Can't wait to meet her :)

Unknown said...

Oh, how wonderful! I've always loved that name, great choice! She is so chunky and cute! Hooray! The picture of Richie and Gwen at the end melts my heart! You look great! Take care!

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

Oh my goodness! She's so beautiful! I'm sooooo excited for you!! Congrats! Congrats!

The Plaisted's said...

Congratulations you guys! She is sure cute!

Laura Edwards said...

Yay! She's here! She is beautiful! Congrats!

mylyn wood said...

she is ADORABLE! Love the name! Isn't having 2 kids a total trip?! I'm sure you will catch on really fast. You are such a cute mom! Congratulations!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I've clicked on to your post so many times I've lost track, just so I can get another look at my newest grandchild and her beautiful mother! What a joy! Can hardly wait to get up there and to hold her, and to kiss you!

Sarah said...

She is so sweet! I am so happy for you guys and I agree number two is a lot easier. Probably because we know what we are doing ;)

Becca said...

Oh YAY!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Gwen is lucky to get a mom like you. :)

Tom and Trudy Garner said...

So happy to welcome another little girl into the family. She is a sweetheart.
Love to all the party,
Grandma and Grandpa

Kayla said...

about time you guys caught up to us and have a family of four! haha JOKES.... she gorgeous rachel!

*MARY* said...

Congratulations! She's adorable, and her birthday is the same day as my sons, so that just makes everything extra special.
You're making me think I should reconsider my induction (this Wednesday) I'm two days overdue. But I was ten days overdue with my first and three days with my second so maybe I should just be patient and wait, I've never been induced before and am kind of nervous.
Anyway, so happy for you and your family.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...