Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Drumroll please....

I was so sick and tired of my hair!! It's pretty much been the same since my sophomore year in high school, with a few short lengths in between. The final straw was when I was in line at Arctic Circle while Richie and Miles were in the play area and the girl next to me asked me if I was in high school! I told her no, but before I had a chance to explain she then apologized and assumed I must have been in college. I chuckled and said, "No, I'm finished with that too. My husband and son are in there." I probably should have taken this as a compliment, but it only fueled the fire to chop my hair. Not that cutting my hair will automatically make me look more sophisticated, but maybe if I stopped wearing band T-shirts and flip flops it would do the trick. Regardless, here's the new cut. I had a few more drastic options, but I gave the lady some pictures, told her my concerns and that I trusted her, and away she went. This is what she came up with. She made it sound like it's so easy to do, like I wanted, but we'll just have to see about that.... The pictures don't do it justice in my opinion. I really like the way it turned out. I'm just wondering if I should have gone more drastic while I had the guts because the cut is still pretty simple and I'll still be tempted to style it the same easy ways.


And since I figured this would be the best my hair would look for a while since a pro did it, I should give in and take some belly shots. Haven't been as excited this time around to document my growing tummy, but now I have at least one. I still feel like I look fat rather than pregnant sometimes, but for the most part, it's obvious I'm pregnant. We find out the gender next Wednesday!! Can't hardly stand waiting!

14 comments:

The Pingel Family said...

Cute! That is the EXACT cut I wanted last May before I got BUTCHERED! I walked out looking like I was 35-40 years old. And I cried. A lot. I even had pictures and the lady still just hacked away all my hair. I haven't even gone in for a trim since as I was so scarred! But you look super cute! And it's good to be mistaken as younger. I was shopping with my sister-in-law who is 17 and the cashier asked if she was my daughter. Bah!

Adrienne said...

RACH!!! The cut is incredible! How did you get blessed with the "Miss Most Photogenic" gene? Seriously you always look perfect in every picture. I'm jealous by the way, I don't think that even when I was in high school I would have been mistaken for a highschooler......Ahhh, well....I can't wait to find out what you're having! Love you!!!
A

Unknown said...

You Look absolutely adorable Rachel. :) I'm secrectly hoping you have a girl....just to change things up, I guess. It seems like everyone I know has either recently had or is having a boy. I bet you're just on pins and needles waiting to know! Good Luck!

Oh and a secret to short hair (if yours is like mine) a root boosting moose, a round brush and a blow dryer! Super easy after you get the hang of it!

The Plaisted's said...

Love it! You look so cute. Excited for you to find out what you're having!!

Katie said...

Way cute haircut!! Almost makes me want to chop mine off, if I was brave enough! You look great!

Becca said...

Super cute! I wouldn't fret about the looking young thing. People used to make that mistake with me all the time and now they don't. :(
Love the cut and can't wait to hear what you're having!

Linny said...

love it! theres nothing like a good hair chopping!

Makenna said...

very VERY cute! luv it! I can't wait to find out for sure if this things is a GIRL!!!!! AHHHHHHH!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

It's super cute and love the belly pics too! Don't worry I get the same thing about looking young.
I loved your hair before too - you're always so pretty with it, but this new haircut is fabulous and does make you look more chic! =D
I'm dying for a haircut, better get it done soon before I get too big. Last time I tried to get a haircut when I was like 8 mo. pregnant and almost fainted several times - I was just so hot.

Shelley said...

I LOVE IT!!!! It looks AMAZING!

The Wallace Family said...

I am so glad you finally cut it - and it turned out perfect! When I read the title to your post, I thought you were going to post if this next baby was going to be a boy or girl. I am anxiously waiting.

One Opinionated Housewife said...

K, I love the new hairdo. It looks very flattering on you, but please do not go any shorter. Short hair does not necessarily equal looking older.
As far as being mistaken for being in high school, don't sweat it. I have been there, done that, and I still get it to this day.
I totally agree with A, you are super photogenic and I am jealous as well. Hopefully, I can give you all of my baby clothes at Christmas! Please let me know, and oh ya, we will throw in a minivan with those clothes while we are at it.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I really like the short do, too! It suits you perfectly! And short or long hair, how nice to be mistaken for being younger! I doubt you'd remember, but when you were small people often thought I was your grandmother! Ahem!

I'm guessing........it's a girl! Won't that be fun!

Brian and Stacy said...

I have to say that I love love love your hair short!!! It looks so good on you and I love your bangs!!

Can't wait to find out what you're having!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...