Tuesday, June 1, 2010

You might have the best husband in the world if....

He knows how homesick you are and plans a secret trip back home for your birthday and takes care of everything to get ready for the trip. :) Raise your hand if that's you... Me!!!
Richie kept telling me he had a surprise for my birthday which is fairly unusual. He's not big into surprises, and I had already gotten my sewing machine. So I was fairly curious. He was planning to give it to me on Friday, but I had a rough day on Thursday, so he called me from work and told me to look under the computer keyboard. Sitting there was a round trip ticket to St. George!! He probably had enough of my whining about how I missed my family and SG that he finally just gave in. :) I'm so glad he did. I don't know what it is about going back home, but as soon as I could see the red mountains, I felt relaxed. Like everything was right in the world. We didn't do anything spectacular while we were down, but it was absolutely what I wanted/needed. We bbqed on the balcony, sat and talked while all the kids ran around, played in the sprinklers, got some red dirt between my toes, smelled sunscreen (one of my favorites), played at a water park, felt almost hot, saw all my family in the area and some of my best friends, had my mom french braid my hair, slept in, stayed up late, and ate myself into early diabetes. It was so fantastic, I barely minded the 8 hour journey. I just hope and pray that sometime in the future we live closer to both families and closer to beautiful SG so that Miles can be intoxicated with whatever magic is there. I can't quite put my finger on it. Here are some pictures of my best birthday present ever. Thanks Richie!!!






8 comments:

Linny said...

what a sweet husband!! how wonderful for you to get a chance to visit home!

iburrito said...

Awesome!!!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

It was fun. What a great guy! I love the picture of Miles sleeping.

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

What a fun weekend!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

We just LOVED having you here! Can't thank Richie enough!

Miss you like crazy now though!

Love,
mom and dad

Makenna said...

thats my brother :) the "awesome husband"! I'm so glad you could get some magic from going home. it is a great place, we love stopping every time on our trip. Its like an old friend.

Ben said...

Yay, how fun!! I know what you mean about that feeling of instant relaxation. That is how I feel every time we're driving up Cedar Mountain.
Love you!

Becca

Laura Edwards said...

Oh, what a wonderful surprise! There is nothing like the red sand between your toes...

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...