Monday, June 21, 2010

All American

This weekend I officially felt like an American in the summertime. It's about dang time Eastern Idaho! I barely even resent you for the nice burn I got on my arms and face. It started off with a yard sale to get rid of some things. I'll admit I was expecting a better outcome, but I guess a few extra bucks is better than nothing for things you were going to take to the DI anyway. My friend Shelley stayed with me almost the entire time, she was such a trooper. It was nice to have some company. Richie had to stay at the storage units with Miles.



After we were all yard saled out, we took Miles to the splash park for the first time! He loved it! And we got there in just enough time to enjoy the sun and miss the oncoming storm. Leave it to Eastern Idaho to change the weather drastically in about .5 seconds. You can't miss me, I'm the one with the magenta arms. Ouch! I'm so glad I married Richie. He would go down the slides and through the jets of water with Miles while I was content taking pictures.





Since we couldn't have a hot dog roast outside, we did it inside complete with smores. First of the season. Tasted so good, even if they were roasted over the oven range. Allow me to present the evolution of a smore, starring Miles.





Sorry it's sideways!

We celebrated Father's day with a book of Richie and Miles from Shutterfly, delicious cinnamon rolls, french toast, bacon and oj (which led to a devastating diaper rash for Miles. My bad!) and sleeping in. It was a good day.

4 comments:

Makenna said...

How fun! I really want to do some all- American camping, but I dont think thats gonna happen this summer :( I wish I could be a fly on your wall to watch Mile's personality! btw, if I lived in Idaho, I would have bought one of those fun shelves Rich made!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

darn - forgot about your yard sale...I'm sorry you didn't sell very much.
If you guys ever want to come over and have a fire, the Thompsons have a fire pit we can use. Is it okay to have fires during the day? I mean it's so bright out at dinner time and I'm sure Miles goes to sleep at 8 so I don't know what time is good for people to have a fire.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

So, you guys made more of the pallet shelves to sell? Did THEY sell? If your customers could've seen the one you put up in your house, they would have gone like hot cakes!

Miles...........as always..........SO cute!

Love you!
mom

Becca said...

I have decided that whenever I have a yard sell, I have to think of only getting rid of junk and not think about making money. That's usually my experience. You should sell the shelves on ebay.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...