Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Can I keep it?? Pleeeease!!

It's no secret that Richie is in a near constant state of baby-hungriness. That state has only been intensified since Miles turned one and was no longer a "baby". So it was no surprise to me when Richie's co-worker told him his parent's cow dog just had a litter of puppies they were trying to get rid of, and Richie immediately NEEDED a dog. He's been wanting one for quite some time, but let's face it, where we live is not exactly perfect for a dog, so I kept saying no. This past Monday we went to visit him at work where he said he had a surprise for us. Meet Clarece.




Not intentionally, but still affectionately, named after the little vixen of a chipmunk that almost breaks up chip and dale. Richie found her meowing in some forms at his place of employment and just had to bring her inside. Then we just had to take her home to feed her. etc etc. She currently resides in A-1 on a trial basis. We'll see after a week if we're cut out for this. Miles is on cloud nine playing with her. In the mean time, if any of you near by want a sweet little kitten, I know a guy...

5 comments:

Becca said...

Watch out for Ring Worm. Stray kittens seem to always have it. Sorry, I'm just speaking from experience. She is so cute and it makes me want a kitty too. :)

Makenna said...

Doesn't Richie remember that we have bad luck with cats? has he ever told you how many unfortunate cats have died in our family? I'm not sure I can every have pets again. especially not indoor pets.

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

OOOOo I loVE baby kitties!!!! IF only they'd stay that little... I don't really like cats... and sadly they make me really sick, but if you can have an animal it might be good to have a cat, very independent and sometimes nice & cuddly. Dogs are a lot of work, they're like having another child....

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I just remembered that Richie left us a message about how much a dog costs, and I am sorry to say that I completely forgot to return the phone call. It isn't so much the cost of caring for a dog, as it is the commitment of caring for one. So my advice Rach, is just to get pregnant!

Becca said...

Cute! I love that the little kitty is posing next to the Aristocats. lol.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...