Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Nook

Remember this pallet shelf we made a while back? Well, we finally hung it up in it's rightful place in our nook.

Let me share a little daydream of mine with you. One day, I want to own a little used book shop/photography business. They'll be housed in the same charming building where I make/refinish all the furniture and sell it if people are interested. When I get really ambitious with my daydreams, I imagine a small bakery inside as well so that people can come in and peruse the books and eat a tasty snack. When I had photography clients come meet me there for a consultation, they'd get lost in the non-fiction side of the building for hours afterward. It would be called "The Nook". Can you tell I daydream a lot? Since it is a daydream, this small corner in our bedroom will have to be my nook for quite some time I'm afraid. We both are quite taken with it.


It seems like I start a lot of projects and have hard time finishing them. This shelf was one of them, so it feels great to have it done. We were thinking of staining it, but it's so rustic looking that it just fits in our not-on purpose country style bedroom. We plan on spending hours in that hand-me-down recliner during the winter, curled up with a good book and a quilt. Now all we need is a wood burning stove!

4 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Love it! And love your daydream even more...Keep dreaming~

“Dreams are like the paints of a great artist. Your dreams are your paints, the world is your canvas. Believing, is the brush that converts your dreams into a masterpiece of reality.”

Makenna said...

You have Anthropologie on the RUN! looks awesome Rach!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

It looks great! We all need to dream.....and you are absolutely capable of attaining yours.

Loved the quote Jenn! Where did it come from?

Wii are the Nelsons said...

So cute! What a great dream to have - sounds fabulous.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...