Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Woodside

If there was a way that Richie could make a decent living teaching people how to swing dance, he would drop everything and do it. I know he does a good job with it and really enjoys it, but I always get taken back a little each Thursday night when he comes home from practice so fired up about it. He really loves it. Richie and his swing team have been doing a lot of performances this semester, so I thought I'd document them a bit. These pictures are from a performance they did at a nursing/rehabilitation center. I don't know how many of the 6 people there were coherent :) but I know at least a few older gentlemen who really got into it. At most of their performances they have a pretty grateful and enthused crowd. They usually dance the 2 or 3 numbers they know and Richie will sing with his ukulele in between, or someone else will do a musical number. I don't think all of these pictures have Richie in them, but I tried to get some fun ones anyway.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachel,
You know I have a brother-in-law there in Rexburg that is on the Ball room team there at BYU-I. He wants to teach dance as a living and gives private lessons too. You guys should really get together and start something....you never know what it could turn into! See you at reunion in a few weeks!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I want to see video of the dance, and of Richie singing on your next post, "Boss."

Tanners said...

he can make a lot of money teaching swing--he just needs to move out of mormonville. do you know that half hour piano lessons out here are 30 dollars on the low end? private swing lessons????? i'm sure he could charge oodles. we have a chum who tutors highschool students at 60 dollars and hour. and the parents are thrilled.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...