Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Oh What a night(s)!

Miles' teething episodes have never been so traumatic. At least that's what we think has been going on with him.



On Saturday Richie was teaching swing workshops all day, and that night we danced to a live band (so good!!) after we put Miles down and had some friends come house-sit. Here's Richie learning a new lift/flip. It's supposed to look like the girl is kind of beating him up, it's from "Hellzapoppin".





Meanwhile I was at the garden with Miles and he started acting strange, so we went home where he crashed for a few hours with a fever. Since then the days and nights have just been blurs. Over Saturday and Sunday night, none of us got more than a few hours of sleep and we've watched more movies than I care to reveal. Tarzan is still the cure-call for every tantrum Miles has; amazing. His fever lessened yesterday and was acting fairly normal until bed time. He cried for a straight hour and a half! Even when he was a tiny baby and we were teaching him to fall asleep on his own, he never cried like this. Of course we'd go in every so often, but we still had to really coax him to sleep. But he only woke up once last night and slept in this morning. I think we're over the worst!! Knock on wood!!

9 comments:

Tanners said...

did you get him checked out for an ear infection?

Rachel said...

No, but he hasn't played with his ears at all. If it continues though that will be our next guess. Thanks!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Poor guy - teeth so fun, not! Plus trying to be a scientist is so hard, trying to figure out what is wrong since they can't talk.
That's a cool flip that Richie did!

Becca said...

I can think of only two times my kids have done that and both times they had an ear infection. Crying relentlessly in the night is actually a more common sign for an ear infection than tugging on the ears. Next time you could try a drop of vinegar and a drop of olive oil in his ear until you can get in to see a doctor. I do hope he is just teething. Ear infections are no fun!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

So sorry for Miles, and hope he's feeling better soon. In the mean time I hope you can get some sleep. It's hard enough taking care of a sick child when you're well rested! Keep us posted.

Miss you!

The Wallace Family said...

Beautiful picture of you and Richie! You need to put a video of the flip on the blog - I can't figure out how it's done...

(I hope Miles is feeling better by now!)

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Sounds like it is more than just teething to me. Those pesky ear infections sure are tricky, and usually there is no tugging of the ear when they come. I hate that!!

I recently had a terrible ear ache and so did Jo, and I used some ear drops I got at the store. They actually relieved the pain quite a bit, which is great b/c I did not want to take Jo to the doctor considering all she would do is prescribe antibiotics (I loathe antibiotics for things like that).
Could my post be any longer? I just have to add that I want to see a video of Richie doing that flip thingy as well. K, I'm done.

Makenna said...

:( Miles sick is no fun. hope he gets better soon! please tell Rich not to die on those flips! :)

Shelley said...

I hope Miles it better! Not fun having a sick child. And that picture of you and Richie is go cute! I love it!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...