Monday, June 28, 2010

June 26th

It's quite the day in my family it seems. June 26th is my Grandpa Hinckley's birthday, he and my grandma Hinckley's anniversary, my mom and dad's anniversary and also the day Richie's grandma Linda and grandpa Kenneth were sealed in the temple. I knew I just had to get married on that day. So on a Tuesday 3 years ago, Richie and I were sealed for time and all eternity in the St. George temple. Three years sure goes by fast, yet the first year etc seem like a lifetime ago! I've learned so much the past 3 years; I could write a book. Maybe I will one day. How sad is it that we've only been married for 3 years and I'm already starting to repeat my stories over and over again to him. So just when I'm pretty sure we know everything about each other, I learn something new. For instance, in the past month or so I've learned that Richie eats his mac and cheese with a spoon and doesn't like S&P on it, will not eat a peach with the skin on, and has a low tolerance for any church music that isn't Motab. Crazy. For those of you who are more experienced in the marriage area, are you continually learning new things about your spouse? Or do you just reach a point where you know everything?

We celebrated by going to do some sealings at the temple, eating ice cream, using a gift card my sister gave me (Thanks A) to get some subway, riding our bikes to the park and playing with Miles. Pretty near perfect day.

Here's Miles with Clarece. As much fun as it was to have a little kitten for a week, we were both relieved when our add on craigslist was answered and someone came for her.



I made this sign to help celebrate since we weren't into the whole spending money idea. These types of signs seem super trendy right now, but I think they are pretty darn cute so here's a quicky version. I like how it turned out and was so excited for Richie to see it. Too bad that morning I had to point it out to him. Then he said, "Oh! Hey it's a happy anniversary sign that looks like a giant smiley face...with scary teeth." and then walked away.


And here's the rest of the festivities. Once again I apologize for the video being the wrong way. I don't know how to rotate it. But the best part is the sound so if it makes you a little queezy to watch, just listen.



5 comments:

Makenna said...

AHHH! I am scum for not calling or sending a card!!!! Happy Anniversary!!! It sounds like a great day, I would love a day like that cause Ian seems to be working all the time these days. :( I am gonna talk to you soon, so expect a call!

The Wallace Family said...

I love the happy anniversary sign! That was a super cute idea :) and that does sound like a perfect day. Happy anniversary!

Love,
Taysom

Becca said...

Hi Blue Eyes! Wow, Miles has the cutest eyes! Happy Anniversary! It's a pain being frugal sometimes, but you'll be glad in the future that you were. :)

Adrienne said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! I can't believe it's been three years...By the way, I still find things out about Chris and this year we'll have been married for 9 years. I bet Mom and Dad still find new things out too.
I admire your creativity and your drive as well as your positivity. You guys are amazing!
Love, A

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I'm glad we share anniversaries! And I too learn new things about Richard all the time. Some of that is because we are ever evolving people, and our attitudes and circumstances, likes and dislikes, change with time. And some of it is because I've forgotten what I once knew and learn it over again, and sometimes....again and again. Oh dear!

Loved your anniversary sign! Hope it becomes part of your tradition and that you use it each year.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...