Sunday, October 2, 2022

First Half Of July 2021

 Happy 36th Birthday Richie!!




 4th of July with Shannon! We treated him to homemade burgers, he treated us to a fireworks show! 








Garner Family Reunion! The extended Garner family had a reunion here in Idaho! We didn't have any more time off from work, so we drove the 1.5 hours to the cabin for the day. It was epic! There was white water rafting, a climbing wall, bounce houses, and endless cousins to play with! It was so great having Ross and Amanda, Mom and Dad, Jeffrey and McKenna, and Makenna and Ian here with us! We had a full house for a day or so! It was so great.  The next day, I wasn't planning on going up because Richie wouldn't be with me. But the kids convinced me and I made the trek up with them the next day. The kids loved it so much. Lots of people etc really drains me, so I was happy to go home, despite missing everyone. Especially after Benson got a bee sting, the AC in the building broke, and Davy got a pretty good case of heat stroke. 


















The girls are constantly making up dances together and putting shows. Gwen is always teaching Lindy her Acro tricks.







My Grandma Crosby died. She would have been 98 in November. It's both happy and sad. Of course we will miss her deeply. But it's happy because she was so ready to go. It was her time. Richie was able to take a day off work, and I made a crazy quick trip down to SG-carpooling with Ben and Taysom from SLC on. The funeral was short and sweet- just how she wanted it. She said, "Most of my friends and family are on the other side of the veil." :) Then they bought chick-fil-a and invited everyone over to her house. She didn't want anyone fussing about fixing food. She wanted everyone to enjoy themselves. All us granddaughers and great grand daughters picked out a shirt of her and some jewelry and took a picture. Then we were invited to go through the house to take any thing of hers we wanted/could use. I took a Georgette Hyer book (One of her favorite authors), some of my Grandpa's suspenders for Miles, a sweater for me, and some of her jewelry later on for my girls. She was really an outstanding woman. '

My favorite memory of her is when I was about 10. We had travelled from SG down to Eager, AZ for an extended Crosby family reunion. The car ride was long and I was anxious. When we finally made it, all the adults wanted to do was sit around and talk! I had no cousins my age to play with. It was infuriating! I quietly made my way around the room to ask my parents and siblings if they wanted to play catch with me outside. They all declined. They wanted to catch up with everyone. I was beside myself with boredom. Grandma must have noticed from across the room and she offered to come outside with me and play. I was a little incredulous...my ancient grandmother (probably in her early 70's at this point) was going to throw the baseball around with me?? Could she do that?? I don't remember a lot of talking, and I don't remember the game going on for too long, but she and I threw the baseball to each other in her front yard long enough for my wiggles to escape and my happy attitude to return. Bless her. Picture here is my Aunt Maryann, My Dad, Grandma's brother Roulon, and my Aunt Peachy (Ida Rae). (My Uncle Charlie had already passed away)




Benson took a little rec center gymnastic class and loved it.



Irrigation day on the homestead! I brought out a little picnic to encourage the kids to stay out longer. They all got plenty wet and dirty in the ditch. I did more laundry. Just as it should be. 



No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...