Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When I grow up....

I had the opportunity to do some more "professional" window painting the other day at a fast food place here in town and it was probably the most enjoyable experience to date. No freezing weather, no high ladders...yes it was mighty nice. And to top it all off, I was the main attraction for all the kids in the play place. Forget dinner, forget the jungle gym, I had about 10 kids with their noses pressed to the glass watching me paint. I'll agree, it's pretty mesmerizing watching white paint be slathered on in fluid strokes over glass. 2 girls in particular stayed near me for the majority of their outing, and I'll admit I was kind of flattered. They kept tapping on the glass and giving me thumbs up and telling their friends what I was painting. In my bloated-head state of mind I imagined them saying to themselves, "When I grow up, I want to paint windows at fast food restaurants." And I thought back to them in my head, "Yes, yes, yes, anything is possible if you set your mind to it." Only joking...

I'll post more close up pictures on the glass canvas blog, but here are a few of what it looks like. To be honest, I don't like it that much, but they dictated a large part of what they wanted painted. Like those ducks and bunnies (a promotion they are having). And no, I did not choose to paint "75 cent burgers every day". The rest was up to me, with their constraint of wanting it to be "cutesy" and "springy", so I think I nailed that. :)



4 comments:

Adrienne said...

awesome windows Rach! Love you!

Shelley said...

AWESOME!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Darling! And your lettering is especially good!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I saw this when I drove by and felt cool to know the girl who did it!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...