Monday, March 5, 2012

Shark Tooth!

Miles really enjoys "Land Before Time" and is always talking about "Shark Tooth", so we were pretty excited that the museum in Idaho Falls was hosting "Sue" the most complete T-Rex to date. I can't believe we've never taken advantage of the museum until now! It was pretty cool. Miles was a little scared by some of the realistic statues and taxidermied animals etc. but he talked about it the rest of the day, so I think it was a hit! They had lots of hands on stuff for little kids, especially in the children's discovery area. Of course Miles found the kitchen first and was telling everyone it was time for dinner. :) Wonder where he gets that from? That evening, we had some friends over and watched "Night at the Museum". What a great way to spend the day. Miles was battling croup and Gwen was just plain ornery this week, (found out later she had Roseola) so it was nice to do something that made everyone happy. Here's a few pictures from our adventure.



4 comments:

Katie said...

That is so cool! I think I'd be more freaked out about the dinosaurs than my kids, lol. Little Gwen is so cute!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Loved the picture of Miles on Richie's shoulders looking back at the dinosaur.........just making sure it wasn't creeping up on them. Is he still a Shark Tooth fan?

Makenna said...

I love how Miles is totally interested in whatever it is and not the camera :) hooray for cool museums!

Katie said...

RACHEL! Yes, I think they should re-do GWTW, I keep imagining how COOL it would be with modern technology!! I told myself I can't watch the movie again until I finish the book, and I am so close!! I'm glad you're enjoying it too, such a fun read! (PS I'm named after Katie Scarlett, funny huh? I hope I'm not as crazy as she is ; )

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...