Monday, March 26, 2012

It happened

Gwen really did turn one this week, it wasn't just my imagination. We had a fun time celebrating her and having an excuse to eat cake. On her actual birthday we put a candle in her french toast in the morning. She wasn't too sure about it. Luckily big brother Miles was there to step in and help. He then became the most jealous I have ever seen him. He cried and cried for a candle in his french toast, so I gave in. When he kept crying because he wanted to be sung to, I had to draw the line. :)




We spent the beautiful day outside and went on walks and had a picnic with friends. Gwen had her first taste of PB&J and was a messy fan.




Later that night we walked around and got some ice cream and took it to the park.



"Hey kids, look at mommy!"

On Sunday, we celebrated by having our Rexburg family and my niece (actual family:) over for dinner, cake and ice cream and presents. Gwen has a major ear infection, so I guess that's her excuse, but man was she grumpy. The doctor found her ear infection at her 1 year check up. He also found that she's still in the high 90 percentile's for all measurements. True Garner baby. :) Her latest accomplishment is learning how to climb up and down stairs and up and down anything else she can climb. Miles wasn't a climber, so this is new territory for me.

I'm sure everyone has seen some version of the rainbow cake by now somewhere on the internet. I saw it a while ago and just fell in love, so I decided to make it for her birthday and run with a rainbow/colors theme. Not that she really cared, but I sure enjoyed myself! We ate homemade Cafe Rio salad and "rainbow kabobs". I saw the streamers on pinterest (easiest streamers of all time) and found the "tablecloth" at the DI. It was actually a fitted sheet, but nothing a little hemming can't fix right? Happy Birthday Baby Girl!










5 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

WOW! That's a GREAT cake! You make me want to try a variation of it for Easter. Did you do it from scratch or a mix? What kind of food coloring did you use ... liquid or paste? What about the icing? And the streamers! Will you teach me how to make them?

Looks to me like Gwen LOVED it all, and everyone had a fun time. And YOU look so good! Hope Gwen gets over her ear infection ASAP!

Makenna said...

FANTASTIC rainbow party!!!! ooh! that cake looks great! did you cook it in a can? wish we were there to celebrate too. Miles looks super cool in those buzz lightyear jammies!

The Wallace Family said...

I love you guys!

mylyn wood said...

adorable party! happy birthday little gwen!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Fun fun! Great job with the cake. Love Gwen's hair clip. She did well eating that cake!
Good luck with all the climbing! =)

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...