Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First Real Job

About a week or so ago, my efforts to paint windows came to fruition. I'd contacted a car dealership in town back around Valentine's day and the manager there was one of the nicest I'd talked to. He immediately agreed to let me paint later on in the year. I was stunned, but so excited and grateful...also a little skeptical that he agreed to readily and I wondered if it would really happen. But I stayed on top of it and earlier this month I painted their windows for a huge tent sale they are having later on. An actual paying job. Nice. It took me two nights to finish because come to find out, painting in 30 degrees and below with the wind blowing, on the highest step of a ladder isn't all that pleasant. The paint started peeling off as I was painting because of the coldness, so I had to stretch it out a little. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. There are still a bunch of imperfections that I can see, but I learned some big lessons when it comes to painting on a ladder and lettering. Harder than it seems. Just so there is no confusion, I didn't paint the same thing twice. They wanted the same design on different sides of the building, so the two that say "Tent Sale" with a big tent over it, are similar, but not the same. Sorry to slow you down. :) I wasn't able to take pictures of it until today and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were advertising the sale on the marquee with my design! Very flattering indeed.




12 comments:

Makenna said...

I LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

You're awesome! Great work!

Katie said...

Way to go Rachel!! Those look so good! I am seriously impressed by your talents, congrats on the paying gig!!

Adrienne said...

That looks incredible! Congrats Rach - love you!

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

Ray-shell! You are so talented. I just love the work you do. It looks totally professional. You go girl!

Becca said...

Wow Rachel, it looks great. You'll probably be their "go to girl" for advertising from now on.

Laura Edwards said...

Holy cow! You are so talented! I literally said, "wow" out loud when I scrolled down and saw the pictures of your creation. Way to go, Chel-ray!

Sarah and Cam said...

Those look awesome!!! Way to go Rach!

The Wallace Family said...

I can't believe you did that at night in the freezing cold weather. It turned out wonderful!

Shelley said...

AHHH!! Rachel, you are so so so AWESOME!! THis is so great!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Holy moly. You are awesome. I love it.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

WAY TO GO! Awesome job especially doing it in the cold!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...