Friday, February 24, 2012

We painted

The kids woke up early from naps the other day and Richie had a meeting after work that would keep him later than normal. I was trying to resist that ever present temptation in my head just to turn on a movie, so I decided we'd just get good and dirty and paint. It would have lasted longer if the kids attention spans were longer, or if I could convince myself to really let loose and get paint every where. We could only accommodate this activity for about 30 minutes, and I had to give the kids a second bath, and clean the floor...but I think it was worth it. :)
We had tried this activity at joy school once. Miles could have cared less and I was a little disappointed. You just put masking tape on poster board in the shape or letter you want and then paint all over it. When you're done painting, you peel the tape off and Ta-Da! Miles really enjoyed it this time. Gwen couldn't get enough of the paint. She rubbed it all over her body, put her face right in it, licked it, Bleck! Nothing a little soap and water can't fix right?



4 comments:

Makenna said...

Ethan painted for the first time today! He doesn't quite like it on his fingers, but a paint brush was great. You're doing a great job! Movies are such love hate things- i love ethan has friends in the movies, and loves to dance around to his favorite songs. But I hate how they absorb his attention, and not really teach him that much. sigh. someday we'll break even!

The Wallace Family said...

Priceless!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Love to see creativity blossoming in another generation!

Laura Edwards said...

I love your kids! They are so cute!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...