Monday, May 10, 2010

What a Productive Weekend!

I was at the DI finding a few things and ran into an old, blue, Samsonite suitcase. I'm not sure why, but I have this fetish with old suitcases and have been wanting some for Miles' room. I went back and forth, but when I saw the plastic balls, I knew the suitcase would be the perfect house for them. And since Richie wasn't there to tell me "no", I bought them both. :) Miles thinks is great. My plan is to buy 2 or so more colorful old suitcases and put blocks and tinker toys in there.

Richie got all "Handy Manny" on me this week and organized our storage unit by bending some rebar to hang our bikes on, and then building some shelves with some left over wood! Since we had already borrowed the saw from a neighbor, I had him build me a shelf I saw on "Knock Off Wood" (Amazing website) from an old pallet! Totally free, and turns out really rustic and cool looking. It will go in our bedroom probably above our self-proclaimed reading nook, and I'm debating painting or staining it.





I was lazy and ill-prepared and didn't get the Mother's Day gifts in the mail till it was too late to make it to them on time. So later, I'll post the neat idea I found for their gift, so as to not spoil the surprise, and the cafe rio salad recipe. yum!!

5 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

What a cool way to put old suitcases to good use! AND way to go Richie! Loved the bike hanger and the pallet shelf! The pallet shelf actually looks better than the ones I saw on Knock Off Wood! If you're asking for opinions on how to finish it......I'd stain it. Then if you don't like it, you could always paint it later.

Ian and Makenna James said...

Dont let Miles drive away! Did you ever hear that story of Uncle Brad's? if not, have him tell it to you sometime :) it will make you chuckle. btw, I loved Mile's contribution to the conversation yesterday on the phone with Ross :) made me laugh every time!

Becca said...

Those shelves are pretty neato. Old suitcases seem to be the "thing" lately, so they're not so easy to find anymore. Good job finding one. :)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Good job being productive. Great finds at DI. James will love coming over to play with those balls. =D

Rachel said...

Suitcases ARE popular these days. You know when you feel like you "discovered" something? I know I didn't, but I can't help but feeling responsible :)

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...