Monday, May 17, 2010

Come to my Garden

I don't think you can fully appreciate beautiful weather until you live in Eastern Idaho. It's finally nice outside and we're taking TOTAL advantage of it. Another advantage of the great weather is being able to finally plant in our garden. So now we've got peas, onions and potatoes. I hope they do well!! Cross your fingers! We also went and planted a bunch of flowers today. It feels delicious being outside.




Side note: For those of you with kids Miles' age, here's an idea for an activity. We just put water in an ice cube tray and then he helps me put drops of food coloring in each one. He thinks it's pretty neat to watch the colors change. Then we let it freeze and he chooses a color of ice cube to put in his drink. :)

Another side note: Our mother's finally got their mother's day gifts, so I thought I'd show you what I made. They are fizzing bath salts and I tried some of the leftovers, and I think they worked pretty well for being homemade. It was pretty easy too! If you want the recipe let me know, I got it off of Martha Stewart.

4 comments:

Linny said...

i am jealous i wish i could have a garden like that! Those bath fizzies are such a great gift idea! (i did make the suspenders from make it and love it and the bow tie comes from http://alemonsqueezyhome.blogspot.com/2010/04/bow-tie-tutorial.html coolest thing i ever made!)

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

The bath salts are great! they made me feel quite pampered! Thanks so much!

The garden looks huge, and quite wonderful! Hope the weather holds and you have bushels full of success!

Love, mom

Laura Edwards said...

Pretty garden! And good idea with the ice. I might have to make some for me :)

Makenna said...

good sized garden you guys! Ahhh the memories! hunching over day after day-lots of good times together though :)

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...