Monday, February 15, 2010

This Valentine's day was low key as usual. I had to work on Friday and Saturday, so I made a special lunch on Saturday to celebrate; complete with all the trimmings of a 5 star restaurant!
Menu:
Steamed veggies
fettucine alfredo
filet mignon
french bread with evoo and balsamic vinegar dipping sauce
and cream puffs!

Then I realized that I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen this Valentine's day trying out new things and thought I'd give you a review to save you some time if you're debating between cooking projects.
*The heart jello thing that I posted a while back....not as amazing as I was hoping. It looked cool, but just tasted like plain jello
*Sugar Cookies- I finally got the perfect combo of sugar cookie and frosting recipes. If you'd like them, just let me know.
*Dipped Oreo Suckers- way harder than they deserve to be. Every time I put the stick in, the cookie would break, then I couldn't dip it. I ended up just laying them on the sheet and drizzling chocolate over them, then freezing them until I gave them out.

*Cream Puffs- Awesome! Way easier than I was thinking and taste SO good!
*French Bread- I'm sure there are better recipes out there, so if there is a really easy and tasty one, please let me know. This was my first time making french bread, but it actually turned out pretty dang good and wasn't as time consuming as I was betting it would be. But definitely a recipe only for special occasions since it does take you some time.


This is Miles helping me make the cream puffs! He wanted to lick the beater ( who wouldn't?) and then flicked some on his face by accident, so I had to snap a picture!

7 comments:

Makenna said...

Richie told me about this yesterday and I was already salivating :) it looks even better than it sounds! Great job! and you actually MADE the cream puffs? COOL! Mom has a great french bread recipe btw.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

looks delicious! Miles is adorable

Becca said...

Yummy!! Richie is one lucky man!

Katie said...

Haha, I love the last picture! So where's the cream puff recipe, huh?? lol

The Wallace Family said...

I so wanted to have a special dinner yesterday, but our sink had a major leaking issue so Mike took out our faucet in the morning while we were eating breakfast, and he didn't have a chance to replace it until around 8pm. So we ended up with Subway sandwiches.

I want your cream puff recipe too!

The Wallace Family said...

I can't help but smile when I see the picture of Miles. By the way, I think I'm actually going to get to meet him this summer :) We just registered Tay and Tuck for EFY at BYU Idaho the first week of August. I sure hope you guys will be in town so I can come hang out with you!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Ditto to what Becca said. Looks like it was yummy.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...