Thursday, February 18, 2010

M is for Mess

Lately, Miles has been a MESS in SO many different ways!

On Monday morning, I gave him a bath earlier than usual, although I knew I was taking a risk. I should have followed my instincts and given him a bath after her went #2 in his diaper. Then I would have avoided #2 in the tub and on the bathroom rug Later in the day a customer came in and so I had to take Miles away from his beloved "Tarzan" with me into the office. He threw a fit and eventually found his way back to the living room while I was with the customer (I had left the door open on accident) When I realized it was too quiet, I excused myself to check on him and saw that he had found the bowl of jello we were sharing. I guess I didn't put it up high enough. Yay for carpet cleaners.


On Wednesday I was baking bread and had the tub of flour out. I thought the lid was tight enough to keep him from getting into it. I was wrong. Luckily I caught him soon enough to avoid total disaster. When I fed him lunch later in the day, he had noodles and sauce. He's big into feeding himself these days and needless to say, it's time I invested in a big plastic bib! Why don't I have one of those yet?



The biggest mess of all is that he's in the middle of a major schedule change and teething. Richie and I are on the brink of going nuts. How do you handle this? I'm afraid he's transitioning into only 1 nap per day, but I'll take any nap time over the 30 minute cat naps and being ornery throughout the day. Help!

6 comments:

Makenna said...

Miles! stop being so cute and troublemaking for your poor parents! :) there, did that do anything Rachel? The best part is he doesn't stop being adorable!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

My adorable Josephine is making us nuts too. The child is never happy, always crying, and likes to take cat naps as well. You would think that after 4 kids, I would know what to do. Unfortunately, I have no advice to give you except to leave Miles with Richie every so often. For me, that means driving to the post office to pick up the mail, or picking up a candy bar at the local Chevron. Even 15 minutes away can make a huge difference in your sanity and patience.

Becca said...

This age is so adorable, but so high maintenance. I feel like 12 months to 18 months is the WORST age for church too. I would embrace the one nap a day. That will hopefully put an end to cat naps and give you more alone time. Hang in there. ;)

Sarah said...

How funny! Why won't my daughter get interested in tv???? That doesn't sound good but sometimes when I'm not feeling well I wish she would just watch a movie but she could care less about the tv lol. Little Miles is so cute!

mylyn wood said...

I hear you! Owen crawls and CLIMBS into everything now. It's insane. And he's teething again but this time it's sooo much worse. He takes long naps during the day but gets up every 2 hours at night. I don't know what to do either! All I know is we mothers should be given a medal or something. :-)

Adrienne said...

Oh Rachel..... Just keep saying to your self that "You are in it - you are in it to win it!" Some of those messy moments and messy days are so frustrating for me, but you seem to handle it with style even taking those pictures so you can laugh about it..... I hate poop in the tub! Why didn't you get a picture of that one - just kidding!

As far as the teething thing goes each parent has to figure out what works best for their child and as far as the one nap thing goes well, I almost welcome that time because I basically have a guaranteed amount of time each day to myself or I used to at least.
Loveya - A

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...