Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Oh what do you do in the winter-time?

In a recent post, I asked you what you did in the winter with kids Miles' age. I got a few good suggestions and thought I'd share them and some others we've come up with!

*building forts
*blowing bubbles
*putting drops of food coloring into water
*dancing to music
*blowing up a balloon and then letting it go (he loves this one)
*"helping" mommy with chores
*going to other people's houses to get a change of scenery. He especially likes going to the Christensen's ever Sunday and playing with the ferrets! Kissing the ferrets Miles? Yuck!


And then there's all the normal stuff like bath time and watching baby videos and trying to get him to hold still long enough to read to him. But maybe those few ideas will help out.

Since this is unofficially Valentine's week, I made a heart pizza last night for dinner, complete with heart shaped pepperoni! Since I'll be working on Saturday night, Richie and I are celebrating whenever we get the chance!

6 comments:

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Your winters are the equivalent of our summers in terms of being stuck inside all day. I get quite stir crazy myself in the summertime, so I feel your frustration.

Shelley said...

I love the ideas. It is so hard to come up with things inside all winter long. What a fun pizza!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

So...share your recipe for the pizza! It's looks yummy! And give that cute little Miles a hug from Grandma!

Makenna said...

ewww, ferret kisses. I want those kisses, they can't go to the ferret! :) I can't wait to play with our kid! I decided to make Ian those hershey's rose buds, cause I never buy him candy, and he loves chocolate. I also hope we can go dancing (for the first time in 3 years) for Valentines. Keep celebrating the love with that sweet brother of mine!

Rachel said...

Sorry it took me forever to put this up mom, I totally spaced it. This is Christy's recipe for pizza crust.
1 T yeast
2 C hot water
2 T liquid oil
2 t salt
1 T sugar
6 C flour
2 eggs

Add 1/2 the flour and the other dry ingredients, then add water, oil and eggs. Start mixing. Add the rest of the flour while mixing. Mix for 8 minutes on med speed, let rise in mixer for 5-10 minutes. Rolls out enough dough for 2 large pizzas. Back at 400 for 12 minutes. Then put on sauce and toppings and bake for 10 more minutes.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Thanks for the recipe!

BTW...lately on AFV I've seen several people bitten by ferrets, and it looks like it hurts. Hope Miles doesn't get to have that experience.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...