Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hallelujah!

What a funny looking word! "Hallelujah!" Maybe it's just cause I looked at it too long. This post is dedicated to the 8th wonder of the world: Miles' completed stocking, as of 1:35 AM last night.

Richie's siblings all have this style of stocking, and even made me one last year. Let me tell you, you may 'ooh' and 'aahh' over it, maybe call me and praise me with tears of admiration, but you will never understand what a pain in the neck these stockings are until you make one. Every stitch, every sequin, every tiny little piece....hand done. And while you may think this particular stocking is the greatest thing you've ever seen, just wait until you see the one Richie's mom made for him and the one his sister made for me. Holy Hannah!


I kept pushing myself to finish it last night saying "I'm so close!" and then an hour later, "I'm even closer now!!". Good thing I finished just as I was delusional enough to begin sewing the top of the stocking closed.

I also thought I'd post a few pictures of Christmas around our house this year since I will be taking all these down within a couple of weeks.




Here's our tree. Weirdest thing happened. Much to Miles' chagrin, after we got all done decorating it, it grew about a foot and a half!


Remember the "Thankful 4" tree? Maybe you didn't recognize it after it's incredible transformation by Clinton and Stacy. It's our Christmas card tree now and I think I like it even more this way than with the leaves.



I can't believe Christmas is this week. Time has been flying unusually fast the past couple of days and it's driving me nuts! I try so hard to plan in advance so that I don't feel stressed at Christmas time and I can just enjoy the spirit of the season. I have yet to experience such a result.

11 comments:

Makenna said...

You did SUch a good job!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!! YEah! now its over at least! and your house looks so cute!

The Wallace Family said...

You guys even have Christmas presents under the tree!!!! Rachel, Kudos on the stocking! Mom had to make ours. I don't have a shred of Martha Stewart in me :(

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Nice job Rach! The question now is.....can you keep it up for for all the other little Garners to follow?

See you soon! Travel safe!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Holy smokes! I am so impressed, and I think that Jenn & I were cut from the same mold...not a shred of Martha Stewart in me either. You continually impress me with all of your Hinckley creativity. Good job on the stocking, and when it is your turn to give to us for Christmas, I want a stocking like that for each and every member of our family. I'm just giving you a head start.

Shelley said...

Yay! You finished that stocking. Those are all really cool! Very impressive! Have a good Christmas!!

Becca said...

Pretty awesome Rachel! I also really like the Christmas card tree idea. Ours are on a pile on the bookcase.

Beads Bee Boutique said...

TEARS! TEARS of admiration! So, how do I accomplish such a task? Details Rach, I want details!

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

OH I LOVE YOU RACHEL!!!

The Hoffmans said...

Those are some of the cutest stockings! I do admire your craftiness because I dont have a crafty bone in my body! I love your home decore as well!

Torgersons said...

My mom made those stockings for all of us. They're a flippin pain! I put Owen's off for another year. I'm dreading it. Congrats to you on finishing one!

Kate said...

You totally rock, Rachel! It was so fun to see you at New Years. Miles is getting so big! We have a new blog url: http://www.kandbg.blogspot.com

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...