Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Good Tidings of Great Joy





The other night, we made some "gingerbread houses" with our friends the Christensens. The girls definitely had more fun with it than the boys, but I guess that's expected right? Can't you just see their excitement?? We had 1 cottage, 1 government housing complex and 1 stunningly accurate replica of Stonehenge, lovingly re-named grahamhenge. Who says you have to make a house? :)


I also thought I'd post a Christmas video here to get in the spirit. I haven't posted a "Mormon Message" in a while, so I figure this is overdue. This version of "Silent Night" is one of my all-time favorites. The spirit seems to be present immediately when they sing. Being a parent, even for a short amount of time, has taught and re-taught me some very important lessons, and one of those is a fresh perspective on Christmas and Heavenly Father's role in that sacred night. I'm so grateful for the 'good tidings of great joy' for which we celebrate this season.

5 comments:

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

I swear he does make the cut! He does!!! I just didn't even think about a picture I had of him!! I'm so sorry! I swear I love baby miles, he's the sweetest baby and I love him!!!

Ben said...

I LIKE YOUR PICHRS LOVE IZZY.

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Tess and I watched this together and she said "this is a beautiful song." Then when I pointed out Pres. Monson, she asked if that was his house, and asked if he lives in a castle. Thanks for sharing.

Ian and Makenna James said...

you guys never fail to make me smile with your pictures of you! Your hair is getting so long Rachel! pretty :) I love how Rich and Miles are unfazed by the whole evening, thus their "excited" faces in the pic :) Can't wait to see you all in a couple weeks!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Sure would like to make a gingerbread house! Yours turned out so cute!

Loved the TBC video/music! At the end of each Christmas season I seldom feel I've listened to enough Christmas Carols....especially of the sacred variety.

Thanks for helping me to get into the Christmas Spirit!

Love you! Come soon!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...