Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gingerbread Ornaments

We had some people from our ward over on Monday for FHE and we made Gingerbread Ornaments! They are easy to make and make your tree smell delicious. We forgot to take pictures of our friends when they were here, so I guess you get these amazing and way flattering pictures of Richie and I. Here's the recipe for the ornaments if you're interested:

10T applesauce
4 oz cinnamon
about 1 t elmers glue

Mix it to the consistency of Play-dough and roll it out like Sugar Cookies to about 1/4-1/8 inch thick. Dust the surface and rolling pin with cinnamon, not flour. Cut out whatever shapes you want and put a piece of paper clip where you'll want to hang your ornament from. Bake at 200 for about 20 minutes, sometimes longer. Then you can decorate them with puff paint or whatever you can think of, and loop some yarn through them! Ta-Da! So easy.




Life is pretty normal up here. Miles is learning to walk and both of his front teeth have broken through. He's starting to climb on things now! yikes. He's also found the toilet flusher and toilet paper to be lots of fun. I babysit this cute little girl a few hours a week and to keep us busy, we like to build forts out in the office area with all the uhaul boxes. What would I do without all those resources? It's pretty fun.



8 comments:

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Your mom made some ornaments like those, and they still smell really good. I love the fort. Can I come play?

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Way cute ornaments! (Much more colorful than mine!)
And way cute grandson!

Love, mom

Becca said...

Your mom made some gingerbread ornaments for our tree this year too! I LOVE them, but I want even more, so thanks for the recipe!

Makenna said...

Yeah for forts! I wanna come too! And even though he's a little bugger for making messes, I would love to catch Miles getting into trouble and just laughin :) cause he's so dang cute!

Katie said...

Those ornaments look super easy and cute! Thanks for posting the recipe! And oh my goodness I can't believe how big those kids are getting! Is Lily's hair in a ponytail? Love it!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

thanks for posting the recipe! Mine didn't break when I pulled the metal piece out and they smell so great! Thank you!

Adrienne said...

Rach - you are amazing! Where do you get your energy and creativity...Oh wait, you got it from Mom! Now why didn't I inherit those traits?..... I love you guys!

A

Shelley said...

You are the best Rachel!! Thank you so much for everything!!!!!!!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...