Wednesday, March 11, 2009

5.5 Hours of Sleep!

Yes, it's true. Miles slept from 10:15 last night to 3:45 this morning. That's 5.5 hours, count em! Then after a late night meal, he went back to sleep until 8 am. It was glorious. I'm hoping this is the beginning of him learning to sleep through the night. I have been reading the first Babywise book about how to get your baby on a schedule and sleeping through the night. I think some of the things I have been trying are working!! Although letting him cry and teaching him to fall asleep on his own isn't always fun.

(Sorry about the poor quality. Something happened when I tried to upload it..and other pictures. This is the one that turned out the best! This is him right after his favorite thing...bathtime! He loves getting a bath and then laying out in front of the heater:)

Another high note of yesterday was that Miles actually let us go walking at the college! BYU-I has a community walk time every day from 1130 to 1230 where anyone can come walk on the indoor track. Since it's still in the 30's here in Rexburg, things to do for me to get back in shape are limited. Every time i try to get Miles ready to go walking, he is instantly not happy and hungry, so we haven't gone yet. But yesterday, he was fed and happy by 11:15 and we went walking!! Wahoo! Now, I know I just had him about 5 weeks ago so I still can't work out very strenuously, but I feel great and need to do something active, so I thought walking would be perfect. As it turns out, my body and my mind have 2 very different ideas about what I should be doing. They got in a fight yesterday while walking. It went something like this:

Body: Ouch! Ouch! Stop walking.
Mind: Oh c'mon you wuss, you've only walked around the track like 5 times
Body: Hey I had a baby pretty recently, take it easy!
Mind: Oh yeah? See that girl in your ward over there? I happen to know she had a baby about 7 weeks ago, and she's jogging! You've still got about 15 unwanted pounds at least to get rid of. Get movin!
Body: You think I didn't notice? I'm the one that still can't fit into pre-pregnancy clothes! Ouch! Ouch!

Eventually the mind succumbed and let my body stop walking after about 45 minutes. Mind:0 Body:1

We have also started taking Miles to church with us, which is so nice to be able to go to the full block with both Richie and Miles. We are also now taking Miles dancing. Actually, we took him dancing the entire 9 months including two times the week he was born! My water even broke while listening to swing records! But, he's pretty good when we take him dancing, and it's nice to dance with Richie again and not get so dizzy and worn out. Although I have a lot of catching up to do with swing!

6 comments:

Tyler and Sheree said...

He is so cute. I can't wait to see him.

The Pingel Family said...

You are hilarious. I love your mind/body conversation. I'm still fighting that battle and Brandon is almost a year old! Haha!

McKenna said...

Wow, that's awesome to hear that he slept so long. I had a friend that had great success with Baby Wise, so I have been reading it too. I would be so happy if it helped at all with the sleeping thing! I'm glad to hear it's helping you. I think you're a great example.

The Wallace Family said...

At least your mind held out for 45 minutes! You rock!!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Sounds like you are doing great, and the babywise method is working. I think that for every week old that they are equals the number of hours they should be sleeping through the night. Bravo...5 weeks old = 5 hours of sleep. I can't wait to see him, and oh ya, you and Richie too! :)
Nat

The Hoffmans said...

Your too funny! I read the babywise book after 4.5 months of Hunter waking up like 4 times every night! My hubby was in Iraq so it was exhausting doing it by myself. After three days of following the babywise schedule he finally did it! It will happen I promise!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...