Saturday, August 8, 2026

May 2025

 One of the biggest things to happen in May was that our co-op pulled off a Shakespeare play! They studied Shakespeare all year, and it culminated in an awesome production. They had to practice, try out, job interview, and then practice basically all spring semester. I was so proud of Miles and Gwen! Miles had one of the lead rolls and Gwen had a supporting lead roll. It was fun to have them interact on stage a few times. So grateful for the moms that shared their talents and made this happpen! 











The morning of the play, Miles and Gwen also had their ballroom showcase! Busy day for them. They did a great job ballroom-ing  :) 




Mother's Day! Richie helped the kids make me breakfast and cards. Later on in that week, I took the girls (future mothers) to get scalp treatments at the hair school. This should be a new tradition- so cheap and it felt so great! 


                                                Activity Days talent show and trip to jump creek! 




The ward had a fathers and sons campout, so us girls took advantage and had a girl's night. There was a cold plunge/sauna place doing free sessions for mothers in the month of May. That was fun to try out! Then we came home and did face masks, ate ice cream and watched a chick flick. Perfection!


I had been telling Richie that I missed doing dates with the kids, so for my birthday, he orchestrated a day of dates with the kids. I can't remember now why I didn't get a date in with Miles, but 4 out of 5 kids in one day is pretty good! It was so wonderful and I was sufficiently tired by the end of the day. :) Davy and I went to breakfast, Benson and I went to scheels to ride the ferris wheel and buy candy, Lindy and I went mini golfing at Wahooz, and Gwen and I went to some antique stores/book stores and got outselves a soda. 





Extra May pics: Including our new chicken coop that we fashioned from an old truck bed so that we could build more dog kennels where the coop used to be. Also an honorable mention is this poppy that bloomed on May 26th. When mom passed away, a friend gave all us siblings packets of poppy seeds since poppies symbolize remembrance. The first poppy "just happened" to bloom on the anniversary of Mom's funeral. 


















No comments:

August 2025

 New Venture! We had spent lots of 2024 and all of 2025 up to this point just trying to figure things out professionally/financially. We bui...