New Venture! We had spent lots of 2024 and all of 2025 up to this point just trying to figure things out professionally/financially. We built out more dog kennels to board more dogs, Richie washed windows, he helped move pianos for a guy in our ward, he helped hang blinds for a lady, I was still trying to sell soap, I was still pushing the basket business, I was flipping furniture....
A few months earlier, we came up with a more long term game plan. We would keep boarding dogs, I would open a preschool in our home, and Richie would become a Chaplain in the National Guard. We were moving forward on those plans in earnest when Brett Bowman, Richie's next door neighbor growing up and friend, called him with an opportunity. Brett and his family now live in Meridian and we'd connected a few times since moving here. Brett is a serial entrepreneur and wanted to buy a restoration company franchise called "RestoPros", but he needed someone to be his right hand man. Enter Richie. He gave us his best offer and laid out responsibilities etc, and then we had to make a tough choice. Both professional paths came with pros and cons. We fasted and prayed and ultimately felt like going with Restopros was a safer bet and simplified things a lot. So Richie became the head of sales (and jack of all trades) for RestoPros in the treasure valley.
I write all this down not because it's fun to relive the professional roller coaster that had been our lives since 2020, or admit so many "failures", but because all of this is part of our family's history. And if our kids ever come and re-read this section as adults, I want them to know 2 things. One: Their parents were willing to do literally anything to provide for them because we love them so much. Two: If they ever find themselves in a similar situation, I want them to know that they'll make it. They have the grit and creativity to weather the storm. Things will work out.







No comments:
Post a Comment