Wednesday, August 12, 2026

April 2026

Easter/SG trip! The pics loaded out of order, but before leaving the Treasure Valley, we did our traditional Easter Walk with Grandpa Garner. :) First thing in SG was grabbing some eggos as soon as we got there. The sisters went to a reflexology place and had such a relaxing foot rub/massage! We hit up the SG art festival, Gunlock falls, all of our kids got chore overalls for Easter :) , we watched conference, and had a big Easter dinner over at Jenn and Mike's! It was so great and we were all sad to go home.  























Miles got his 2nd official job working for his friend's family company aerating lawns for the spring!


Gwen took the Driver's ed course and passed the test! Next step was to get her driving hours in with an instructor. 

As far as gardening went this year, I was feeling quite overwhelmed and the thought of pulling off a garden this year seemed a stretch, but we've been gardening basically every year since we got married, so it felt weird to not do one at all. We decided we'd try a "Little Men" garden and let the kids each plant one plot and decide what to grow. This was a great idea in theory- however as I'm writing this months in the future from this post, I can say, it didn't turn out like we thought. :) Even with a small space to tend to, I felt overwhelmed and the garden has been sorely neglected. And you know what? I'm ok with that. I needed a break, and I refuse to be a slave to the land. Maybe we'll try again next year. 




Gwen had the awesome opportunity to go with her Stacey Lytle class on a trip to the Oregon coast! I'm amazed at the energy of Stacey and what she's able to pull off. I couldn't tell you the itinerary of the trip, but



Gem State! The advanced team wanted to compete at Gem State National Competition in Rexburg, so the 2 olders and I made a little weekend of it. It was fun to drive with just them and talk about all sorts of things. They danced till their feet wanted to fall off, and I sat on uncomfortable, crowded gym bleachers till my bum wanted to fall off! It was so fun to see Miles and Gwen compete together in all their syllabus dances. I can't remember specifics, but I know they won medals in a few categories! Bonus for me that we got to stay with the Christensen's again and laugh until I cried. 


MCO concert! This was Miles and Gwen's first time participating- we've attended many! It was wonderful, interesting, and tiring to be on the other side. We had to be there all day till late at night. A parent has to volunteer to help get kids where they need to be, so I was there all day also. The rest of the family came to watch one concert and it was beautiful and very patriotic. :) 



Wow, April was a busy month! Last day at Mad Dog Math-Julie and Dan Kotoff are so wonderful! Splits with missionaries, last day of history/science at Grandma and Grandpas, Miles taught himself how to crochet! 









No comments:

April 2026

Easter/SG trip! The pics loaded out of order, but before leaving the Treasure Valley, we did our traditional Easter Walk with Grandpa Garner...