Monday, January 8, 2018

2nd week in December

Making cinnamon ornaments!


Gwen reading to Benson. She was (and is) thrilled when she gets to read to him. They both love it equally I think. She just kept snuggling him as much as he would allow, and had the most content look on her face.


Kids making treats for their teachers!


We lost the spinner part from the game "Twister". Apparently that doesn't mean you can't play! They frequently have friends come over and just take turns calling out random color and appendage combinations. Plus extra little funny things they have to do. It's a hoot.


Richie's getting better and better at this whole teaching group uke lessons thing! It baffles me that he works with (mostly) apathetic kids all day at seminary, comes home and proceeds to muster up even more patience as he teaches 5 young kids a new instrument. It's not a pain free process, yet he still is positive, upbeat, and encouraging-while being demanding.


Bless Sister Marliee Withers. She's an older widow in our ward that we've tried to cultivate a relationship with. It's not that hard cause she's so darn nice. We asked if we could come over and do FHE with her one Monday. I said I'd plan a lesson and craft of some sort, and she said she'd provide a treat. Well I forget that sometimes when you're not used to having little kids over a lot anymore, that tiny messes, and tiny noises, seem really big. And here I go bringing cinnamon ornaments and glue and GLITTER. Bless her heart, she didn't seem to mind at all. She was all smiles and fed my kids ridiculous amount of cake, and showed them how to make a snowflake. Right as we sat down at the table and started chatting, Gwen leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, "I love her!" :)



No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...