Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Christmas Eve

I loved having Christmas Eve on a Sunday. It seemed so appropriate. We had a lovely sacrament meeting, both Richie and I had to give mini-talks, and Richie "debuted" as the choir director and did a great job.

When we got home, I cooked, and then got the kids to be sneaky and get Richie out of the house so I could finish a present for him from the kids (fire starters). Gwen helped me with it later. It was a sweet, quiet moment with her while we listened to Cori Connors, and she capably worked away while singing "When I'm worried, and I can't sleep, just count your blessings instead of sheep, and you'll fall asleep, counting your blessings."


Before leaving to eat at Mom and Dad's, we made sure we checked the Santa Tracker to see where Santa was at. We feasted, then had a little talent show, acted out the Nativity scene, and opened a few presents. It was a wonderful night with our family.


The kids were anxious to get home to see if they got new Christmas Jammies and keepsake books (which are still on their way! Boo) They left some cookies out for Santa and anxiously settled down in the girl's room to sleep.

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...