Monday, January 15, 2018

First Half of January

I CANNOT believe that January is officially half over. It is the weirdest January I can remember. No snow, and consistently in the 40's. Feels like spring already. Honestly, I'm loving it...but it makes me nervous.

Lindy is officially a Sunbeam! She's been very excited, but since I'm in primary she has found it a little weird that she can't sit with me. On one of the first Sundays, the choristers did "rolo for a solo" where the kids can perform a song of some sort and get a rolo. It's a really fun talent show type Sunday the kids really look forward to. Gwen played a piano piece, Miles some ukulele, Lindy helped Sister Dickey lead a song they have been working on in nursery. :)



Utilizing our first Kiwi Crate! This set was all about color and light. One of the experiments was making a night light that would mix colors as you turned it. The kids thought it was super cool.


Hair cut time! Lindy felt so grown up. :) She just got it trimmed because she says she wants it to be long "like Rapunzel". Gwen opted to get her bob cut short again. It suits her. And Benson got his very first hair cut! It was so long and wispy, it definitely needed a trim. He hated getting it cut, but look how handsome and grown up he looks now!


Family Movie Night! Usually if the kids get to watch a show at night, they pick it and I use that time to get things done. It's hard to want to sit down and just watch a show. But sometimes we make it a priority to all sit down together and watch the same movie. Usually Richie and I get to pick the show, and choose something the kids normally wouldn't, but that's worth introducing them to. This night, it was "The 3 Amigos". Classic. Richie knows it well enough he could "edit" out some of the curse words.


Miles comes up with cool things to draw all the time, but recently he's discovered drawing tutorials on Youtube. He's really good to just sit and stay focused. He's done some really good ones!


Dinner and Pie Face with Uncles and their girlfriends = fun Sunday night!


Even though this blog is mostly my efforts at keeping our family's history, I realize one or two people check it occasionally. Which is why I'm too scared to post my "official before picture" because it's just...embarrassing. But it should be noted somewhere that a lot of my focus lately has been on losing baby weight. Losing weight for me has to be an "all-in" effort. It can't be something I do here and there. I still have about 20 pounds (I didn't realize I had so much to lose!) I'd like to lose before my birthday in May, but I am proud of myself for making it this far.(37 pounds lost so far) I'm back to what I weighed when Richie and I first met, and it has done wonders for my mental health.


Pictures of Lindy loving Joy School. I'm grateful to these other Moms who put effort into teaching my child!

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

You look amazing! So proud of you! And not just for losing weight, but all the wonderful things you do for and with your family! Love you!

Torgersons said...

You are an inspiration. Home schooling and being creative on top of it. Losing almost 40 pounds...amazing! Yes, I do still read your blog. I hope blogs never die. I'm not good at updating mine, but I sure love reading others!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...