Monday, January 29, 2018

2nd half of January

Lots of run-of-the-mill happenings this month. Lots of home school stuff that's probably not of any interest to anyone except maybe me in a few years. :)

Science- Making the water bend.


History- Building Fort Pitt, and throwing our own Boston Tea Parties both civilized and not. :)


Lindy reviewing her shapes by building them on the tape on the floor.



Trying to keep the younger 2 entertained while working with the older two! (Not for the faint of heart!) In one of these pictures it shows Benson's handiwork. (dumping out the entire goldfish box for the 2nd time. I swear, I should never put the vacuum away.)



Painting Ice Cubes! I thought this was going to be a huge hit...not so much. At least it helped break up the routine a bit. Whenever I feel like things are getting a bit stale, I get back on Pinterest and try to pick one or two easy things that will mix it up. Inevitably, I'll think I've found the jackpot and they will think it is just so-so. Eh.


Miles working on Language art stuff. I love that I get to make scripture reading a part of school. The other picture is him playing a little game to review linking verbs. He'd pick a subject card, a predicate card, and then choose the linking verb to go in the middle. He was cracking up making silly sentences like "Little Red Riding Hood is Stupid."


Magic spelling words. Always a hit.



Playing Doctor in between the more scholarly school stuff.



Gwen reading to Lindy as a part of school. We got hit with some sickness the 3rd week, and are still slowly making our way out of the fog. Miles and I remained untouched *knock on wood* but everyone else has had their turn with this bug. It's made getting school done harder than normal and I'm anxious to be back up to full speed.



We finally had a good snow, so we wanted to take advantage and go sledding. Sledding is always funner with friends, so we invited the Andersons. The only time they could come was the time I had stuff going on, so Benson napped, I did my stuff, and Richie took the 3 oldest. They had a blast. I'm grateful for Richie's efforts on this front. Maybe it's the St. George girl in me, but sledding is not my favorite. Maybe I should re-think that. Sledding is fine, it's the process of getting the kids ready to go sledding that I despise. Inevitably there's always 1 glove or boot missing, and hands that don't want to fit into their mittens, and then someone has to pee after they're all geared up, and then they bring everything home wet, leave it on the floor. Some pieces eventually find their way back to their proper home, some do not. It's the absolute worst. I got to meet up with everyone for the fun part- eating homemade pizza at the Andersons!


Benson sleeping. :) I wonder if taking pictures of my kids sleeping will ever get old. Hopefully it wears off by the time they're teenagers...


Girl's helping me prep Miles's birthday cake for his party.


Thanks to a missionary farewell, we got to visit with Grandpa Garner's side of the family-specifically Great Grandma Garner. It's always a treat! She told us the best story about how Great Grandpa Garner (Thomas) was a convert. They weren't sealed until Grandma (Ceytru) was about to have David (Grandpa Garner!) her 4th child. They lived in South Carolina and there were no temples there, so they waterproofed a tent in their bathtub at home, and camped all the way to SLC to be sealed in the temple! Can you believe that? I thought that was incredible.

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...