Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Christmas Post

We always get a good amount of time off during Christmas time. It's a two edged sword, I think. It's so fantastic to be with everyone, but it makes coming back so hard. Yesterday was our first day without family for about 11 days and I didn't get to half of my to-do list. What happened to all my helpers? You mean, I have to clean up AND cook dinner?? What? Even if it is hard coming back to reality, I'll take it if it means I get to spend so much time with such fabulous people, who I am lucky enough to be related to.
We spend the bulk of our time in Bluffdale with the Garners. Here are some shots of the kids getting to play with people who are much more amusing than mom and dad.




Christmas Eve: Lighting the fire, little Christmas elf, talking to Helen, Christmas Eve PJ's and present!






Christmas Day!





Children's Museum and Lights at Temple Square.







St. George! Richie and I used our Christmas present from my brother's family to go out to eat at our favorite place in SG, the Honolulu Grill. Opening presents, playing games and lots and lots of grandkids!!








The fun didn't end when we got back to Rexburg either! My sister Jenn and her family was dropping off their oldest daughter at BYU-Idaho and we got to have a sleepover! It was so much fun, but such a whirlwind, I didn't get any decent pictures. We're so excited to have family in Idaho now!!

3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

How we loved having you here! Loved that Miles is beginning to "enjoy" our company a bit, and Gwen just gets cuter and more fun with each visit! What a precious family! Thanks again for making the trip, and then hosting Wallaces in Rexburg!

Becca said...

Sorry about the very non-creative present on our part. I'm glad you guys used the money for the purpose it was intended. ;) Wish we could have seen you guys over Christmas. Love you!

The Wallace Family said...

Thanks for the wonderful bed and breakfast!!! We love and miss all of you. Sooooo thankful that Taysom has family in town. Make sure she babysits for you.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...