Saturday, January 21, 2012

Glass Canvas

My mom is a talented artist. The people she used to work for asked her to paint their business windows for the holidays and then more and more people asked her to paint their windows after seeing her amazing work! She told me about the process and I thought to myself, "Hey, maybe I could do that and make a few extra bucks!" So here I am. Practicing. And practicing. The most convenient times to work on this is when the kids are in bed for the night, obviously, so I've been spending some late nights painting this window. I wonder what the people that drive by think... Anyway, here's some of my practicing. I'm debating whether or not I should start asking businesses to let me paint their windows for Valentines day, despite my lack of experience. We'll see. I LOVE the process so far. Who doesn't love to doodle, and it's even 100 times better on a huge window. I feel like I'm doing something I shouldn't. Who paints their living room windows? It's been another outlet for my creative energy and very surprisingly therapeutic.




12 comments:

Katie said...

That is super cute!!! Rachel, you are so talented, that is awesome! Looks like fun too!

Taysom Wallace said...

Cute! the owl one is even cuter when you colored it in :)

Nelsons said...

holy love your paintings! you're so talented and yes, tell businesses to start hiring you!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

This is so cool! Your windows are awesome! Even better than I imagined they would be! So excited for you.....and pretty proud too!

Torgersons said...

That is definitely good enough to be on a business window. I'm impressed! For sure pursue this!

B and B Slack said...

How darling! These are by far the cutest window paintings I have seen!

The Wallace Family said...

I shouldn't be amazed because I know how creative you are - but I can't help it. Wow! Way to go little sis :)

Makenna said...

haha! maybe you'll be painting people's windows . . . not just businesses! love the owls!

Shelley said...

So cool Rachel!! I didn't know you were an artist too!

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

Ray-shell! How amazing are you? Seriously, this is so neat. I knew you were visually artistic, but this is fabulous! If I had a business front, I would want you to paint it! :)

Becca said...

Wow, I didn't know you could paint! I think your paintings look great! Maybe you could volunteer for a few things and then when your name gets around start charging. Looks like fun way to make money.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

That's awesome! So cute! Hope you get some business!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...