Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Happy Birthday Miles Dear!

We have a 3 year old! Wow! I'm not holding my breath for the "terrible 2's" to be over yet, but despite tantrums and plain ol' stubbornness, Miles is one of the most delightful kids I know. Ok, so I'm a little biased, but I sure love being his mama! When he wakes up from bedtime or naps he usually wants a little cuddle time with me, which I can't get enough of. He's really sweet with Gwen and gives her lots of loves. He's almost got being dry at naps and nighttime down! Wahoo! He's got a real knack for memorizing songs and quotes from movies and is starting to make up his own songs. :) Love his smiles. Love this boy.

We celebrated by having a Toy Story party! I even got a little window painting practice in to help decorate. We just had a few friends over and ate and opened presents. I had one game planned that involved a punch wall to get your party favor, but A. Once Miles opened Woody, he didn't care about anything else. Still doesn't. B. Gwen thought it was pretty cool and made quick work of the tissue paper holes while no one was looking. So it was very low key, but I think Miles really enjoyed it. He even got to stay up late an watch his new movie, "Toy Story 3"!.










On Miles' actual birthday he woke up to one more present (new shoes, which he wanted to wear immediately), balloons, the birthday plate, and he chose pancakes for breakfast...with no toppings. ? That afternoon he had his 3 yr old check up and everything is looking A-ok! I was surprised that he's now only in the 33% for height, but still about 85th % for weight. Then I took him out to a special birthday lunch. I had a coupon for a free kids lunch at Craigo's, so he felt pretty special that he got pizza, soda, and a cookie pizza.



Happy Birthday Miles!!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to Miles!! Toy Story is so fun : )

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Sounds like Miles celebrated in style! He IS a darling 3 year old! And his incredible smile simply lights up any room he happens to be in!

My favorite pic is the one of him with Woody!

Loved his birthday window! (Awesome lettering, and highlights on the packages. Nice work!)

Makenna said...

Soooo fun! and your friends Mike was there? they moved right? toy story it out! how cool to have a mom who paints your name on the window!!

Becca said...

Happy Birthday, Miles! The party looks great and I'm glad that Miles finally got his beloved Woody doll. You are one crafty Momma!

Adrienne said...

AMAING Rach!!! You are absolutely AMAZING! Then again so is Miles. Happy Birthday to him!

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday Miles!!! I'm sad we missed it this year. It looks like he had a great time! I LOVE you window painting and the cake! I can imagine how excited he must have been with that woody doll. Gwen just looks so much older every post you do. I can't believe her birthday is coming next month! Time sure is flying! Love your blog Rachel!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...