Monday, January 23, 2012

Staying in...worn out

First off, thanks for all your kind words about my window paintings! That really gave me a confidence boost! So I started calling and emailing businesses and started a blog. glasscanvaswindowpainting.blogspot.com. I'll be practicing a lot (hopefully) and thought it would be better to showcase my doodles somewhere separate from here. So if you want to see anymore, you can check them out there! Thanks!

There is a reason I usually plan an outing in the late morning. I like to have one activity that takes up a big chunk of time. A play-date, go to the library, run errands, joy school, etc. Last Friday, however, I thought to myself, "we've been running around a lot, let's just stay home today." Staying home is hard work! Attention spans around here last for about 5 minutes at best, so to come up with things to do that were out of the ordinary was a little taxing. Here are some things we did, all via Pinterest, my new best friend. I was doing this all on the fly, so these things can be done with no planning and with things you have on hand at home.

I took a cue from nursery and filled a pan with lentils and let Miles "measure" and "mix". Only do this one if you're willing to sweep up afterward!


Laser Hallway! You just tape up yarn and make them crawl through it. Tell them to try and not touch the yarn, excuse me, lasers. The good news, Miles thought it was really cool. The bad news, so did Gwen. She kept pulling it off the walls, so this didn't last too long.



Tie-Dyed Milk! We just poured a tiny bit of milk in a pan, then Miles helped me drop food coloring into it (one of his favorite things in the world). That was pretty cool by itself, but then if you dip a toothpick in dish soap and then touch a colored spot, Viola! It explodes! Pretty cool.

4 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

great ideas you found there! The laser thing James would probably love, but I'll probably wait until Kaelyn is older to try it too =)

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I love all your fun ideas! I love your blog! I love you!

Makenna said...

i know- pinterest totally sucks me in! wow! so fun ideas!

Taysom Wallace said...

That is such a cool idea! :)
Taysom

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...