Friday, April 1, 2011

Adjusting

Everyone's been asking how things are going around here, and all I can think of to say is that we're adjusting. :) Things are going as well as can be expected. Gwen eats and poops like a champ. We're working on the whole sleeping thing, but for being a little over a week old she does pretty darn well. I thinks she changes every day! Just when I think I've got her looks all figured out, she changes. Miles LOVES his baby sister. He always wants to hold her, cuddle her, kiss her, tells her she's ok when she cries etc. He's a good big brother. I'm not gonna lie, he's been more difficult these days, but that's part of adjusting right? Richie's on cloud nine and I feel very blessed. Although...today is the first day without any moms here and I'm a little intimidated. Of course it will be nice to get into a routine, but they were more help than they'll ever know and they will be sorely missed!! They did all sorts of wonderful and magical things like...clean the dishes after each meal, fold loads of laundry, shined shoes, mopped the floor, made sure we had delicious food to eat at every meal not just dinner, gave Gwen and Miles lots of one-on-one attention and lovin, cleaned up poop after Miles decided to stick his hands down his pants, let Richie and I run errands without 2 children or let me go to play dates with just Miles. I could go on and on. Needless to say I'm nervous to be "on my own". Here's some picture of us... adjusting. (hope you don't mind moms if I steal some of the pictures you took while you were here!)

Richie doesn't look happy at all does he?


Gwen and Grandma Garner


We've brought out all the old baby gear and Miles would like to think it's all for him. Isn't he HUGE?? Holy cow, I never realized what a big boy he was until we got baby Gwen! The bigger thing goes for his diapers too, which tempts me to potty train him sooner than later! YUCK!


First Brother/Sister Bath! Miles, being the wise, all-knowing big brother passed on the first of many choice pieces of advice to Gwen that night. "No Poopy Tub!" (He thought her umbilical cord was poop. :)


Richie's all-time favorite thing in the world. He didn't have to adjust too much to love this.


Gwen seems to be adjusting just fine! Mom caught a smile on camera!


Sweet baby girl


Gwen and Grandma Crosby


Miles in his new "Big Brother Miles" shirt! Gwen has one that says "Little Sister Gwen"


Brother Sister Cuddle Time

8 comments:

Shelley said...

Love this post!!! You look so good holding Gwen! I love the one of her smiling. I can see her daddy in her! I'm glad you all seem to be adjusting well. Both of those babies are adorable! :)

The Wallace Family said...

Love Love Love the pictures of everyone!! Gwen is precious. I am glad Miles is loving having a little sister ;)

Linny said...

yay, i was just thinking this morning, rachel needs to post some more pictures of that Gwen!

Katie said...

She is so dang cute! Love the smiley picture : )

Becca said...

Oh I love the sleeping newborn pictures! So cute! Can't wait to see you all. Love you!

Makenna said...

these are SO SWEET!!!! I'm in love with those dark eyes! can't wait to meet her !!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I had so much fun being there! And Gwen is as perfect as can be.....kind of like her mom!

The Wallace Family said...

They are so cute! :) I'm glad Miles is being such a great older brother. A time will come when his siblings will be his best friends, and I know I am so thankful that I can count my brothers and sisters and parents as my best friends :)

I love you guys!
Taysom

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...