Saturday, March 5, 2011

Can't get ahead...

We try to be nice and pay back people we owe from favors and things, and just when we think we've caught up and we're even with everyone, someone has to go and do something incredibly nice for us! It seems it's usually that way, and we'll always be indebted to those around us for their kindness.
This weekend some friends of mine threw me a "sprinkle" for upcoming baby Gwen! We didn't want a full on shower, so they just sprinkled me with a party. :) It was fun to get together with ladies in the ward and socialize. We had great food, a fun little game or two, and once again, everyone was far too generous to us with gifts and things. Here's a picture of the delicious spread. I should have taken more pictures, but it's a struggle these days for some reason!



Something new I've been trying with Miles is "school". He seems to be soaking in everything and learning quickly these days which is so fun. He was acting really interested in letters, so I thought I should probably try and foster that. I don't feel the need to get him 'ahead' or push him, but I thought it would be fun for him and make me feel like if I didn't get anything else productive done during the day, at least we did 'school'. There's a link on the side called "Brightly Beaming Resources" and it's curriculum a lady has compiled over the years for all ages. Pretty cool, yes!? So Miles and I are working on the preparatory curriculum to the "Letter of the Week" program. This week we learned about cows, A, 1, and squares. Pretty exciting stuff! This next week we learn about jungles, B, 2, and green. To be honest, I don't think any of it really sunk in...:) But I think he had fun and it is good time together.




In other news, we are no longer staying in the ward. We are disappointed, but simply couldn't afford what the apartment turned out to cost. We have however found a sweet deal in Rexburg to live in a house (converted into 2 apartments, we would have the top floor) that's right across the street from Porter Park! So that's looking good.

6 comments:

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I love the idea of having a "sprinkle", how adorable. And don't worry about feeling indebted to anyone because there will be plenty of opportunities to pay it forward.
I am glad to hear that you found an apartment, but I still hate the idea of you having to move right after you have your little Darling.
:(

Becca said...

I agree with Natalie. You'll have plenty of opportunities to do things for others.

How nice to live across the street from a park!


p.s. Great job with the "school" situation. Izzy used to do that with Theo when he was 2 and she taught him all of his letters!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I'm so glad your friends gave you a "sprinkle" for Gwen. I've been hoping that someone would care enough to acknowledge in advance the momentous event that will be her birth! Wish you were here, or that we could ALL be there to give you a full fledged family shower!

I'm impressed that you are doing "school" with Miles! At this point the most important thing is your time together and that he associates good feelings with school. But he's picking up more than you realize.

Your apartment in Rexburg sounds wonderful.

Tanners said...

what street is it on by chance? your new apartment.

The Wallace Family said...

Is that the cool park that has the water stuff?

Who coined the term "sprinkle"? How cute! I love and miss you so much...

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Don't feel indebted. Like other people said, you pay it forward to others even if not to the person directly =D
Thanks for that loaf of bread by the way. We love it and ate it all pretty quickly. If I didn't have GD, I probably would have eaten it way faster! Mike and James loved it too.
Oh and thank you for that beautifully written thank you card - that was so sweet!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...