Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Addition!

Betcha you were thinking there would be picture of a cute little baby on this post! I WISH! The new addition I'm referring to is our new mode of transportation.
TA-DA!



Say hello to the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan in a stunning shade of red. I can't believe we own a mini-van. I didn't think this day would come so quickly. We thought we'd squish in our Corolla until #3 came along, but after we put the baby car seat in the car, and we all had our knees up to our chests, we started to reconsider. Sure we could have squished, but with a cross country trip this summer, we were beginning to feel it was more of a necessity. We got a great deal on it from people we know and so far, so good. I don't feel like it's really ours yet. Maybe after I clean it myself, get the "other people smell" out of it, and know what all the buttons do, then I'll feel like it's ours. It's the first car Richie or I have ever purchased and by far the biggest check we've EVER written. So, all in all, it was a red-letter day for the Garners. Now all I need to make the transition complete is a pair of these. :)

10 comments:

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

You are in so much trouble! I got super excited when I saw the name of your post--the new van is pretty cool too though! :)

Laura Edwards said...

How exciting! Congrats! Where are you travelling to this summer?

P.s. Thanks for the sleeping advice!

The Pingel Family said...

Welcome to the mini-van club! You are seriously never going to want to go back...unless you go with an SUV. We have been thinking about selling our van, so we squished all three kids in the back seat of our little stratus...it's doable for around the town journeys but we took it to Boise which is an 8 hour drive and we were all ready to kill each other! So enjoy the space! And be glad that Miles won't be able to poke your captive baby in the eye every five seconds!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I'm so out of it.......it took me a sec to figure out that the Mom Jeans ad was a spoof. Oh dear!

The van looks great....you know red is my favorite color!

Maybe your next post will be about little Gwen's arrival!

Shelley said...

Such a funny clip! Yay on the van! That will be so nice for your family. Very excited for this baby to get here!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Sweet ride!

The Wallace Family said...

The Swagger Wagon :)

Check it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

Becca said...

I remember watching that "commercial" about the 'mom jeans' a while ago on SNL. Ben and I were dying.
I also remember watching the swagger wagon commercial, which has actually made me excited to buy a mini some day.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Looks great - love the red. So glad you guys won't be squished on your trip this summer!
Nice title by the way - made me laugh when I read it before seeing the actual post since I knew you hadn't had your baby yet yesterday.

Becca said...

YAY!!! We love our swagger wagon. Now your next post better be about your REAL new addition! :)

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...