Friday, October 30, 2009

Who says you have to carve a face in a pumpkin?





We finally got around to carving our pumpkins last night and it was so fun. I went for something a little less conventional and carved the logo for "The Office" in my pumpkin. And Richie carved a giant bat in his giant pumpkin that turned out really awesome. Miles slept through most of it. We tried to get him to touch the pumpkin guts, but he wasn't a fan. After, we watched an old movie we got from the library called "The Hustler" with Paul Newman. It was a perfect smoky room, playing pool, slow jazz, black and white kind of movie with names like Fast Eddie and Minnesota Fats. But it was kind of depressing, so I don't know if I would necessarily recommend it. Unless you just want to watch Paul Newman for a few hours, which is plenty of reason. I can say that because I think Richie looks like Paul Newman. :)

8 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

those are awesome pumpkins!!! the office logo, how creative! :) miles is absolutely adorable as usual :)

taysom

Makenna said...

that is the most darling picture of you and Miles! I don't know why you guys say he's not feeling well, cause he looks like he's happy in all the pictures that you take :) btw, I hope you got a little something in the mail? If not be looking for a package very soon.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I like your office pumpkin. We're finally carving ours tonight. =D

Becca said...

Huge fan of the pumpkins! "The Office" pumpkin is the most original I've seen yet!

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

so cute... the Office... quite creative... i can't wait to see you guys tomorrow night!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I love the Office pumpkin. Rach,Yyou could be the editor in chief of Martha Stewart Living!

The Wallace Family said...

not I - not I!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Very original Rach! (I didn't even know that The Office had a logo!) You did a great job of carving! But come on...Richie's Bat pumpkin was pretty awesome too!

I'm anxious to hear how Mile's first halloween was! Can't wait to see pics of him in his Bat costume!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...