Monday, October 26, 2009

Mother and Son Weekend

This past weekend, Richie had to go to SLC for a business deal, so it was just Miles and I hanging out on Saturday. We went to a craft store (where I couldn't help myself and bought a few discounted Halloween decorations), a craft boutique (where I exercised great control), and came home to hang out and play the game "do whatever makes Miles happy". It's a really hard game. I still haven't won. He's feeling a bit under the weather, so it's a challenge! We did his favorite thing, bathtime, and after he went to bed, I made some eyeballs on a fork!! I got the idea from my sister who saw it in a magazine. You fork doughnut holes, dip them in white chocolate, put a chocolate chip in the middle, and draw red icing all over for veins. Pretty creepy yes? Perfect for Halloween!




p.s. I just got back from the Doctor's Office and the verdict is....teething! Miles has only cut 2 teeth thus far, so when the doctor and I took a closer look, it looked like it's about time to cut some more. It looks like he's getting all of his top teeth at once! Ouch! So until they come through, Miles will be playing with his best friends a lot. Namely baby orajel, tylenol and motrin. :) As far as percentiles go for the 9th month, he's in the 50th for both his height and weight. I didn't think it was possible, but his head has gotten bigger and he's in the 95th percentile for head circumference.

9 comments:

Becca said...

Those eyeballs are awesome! :)

One Opinionated Housewife said...

That game to which you refer, just plan on playing it for the rest of your life. Eventually, the things that make him happy will perpetually change. So, did the eyeballs taste better than they looked...haha?

McKenna said...

Awe yes, the game. It is one that I too am playing and one that I often lose too. I love your Halloween treat.

The Wallace Family said...

From the looks of the tubby time photo - it looks like you were ahead at one point :) Love you!!!!

Makenna said...

those eyeballs are such a cute idea! I'm so sad Mile's is feeling poorly. But what a HAPPY picture of him! I'm also sorry you couldn't go down to UT with Richie. Miss you guys like crazy!

Nicole said...

Love the eyeballs! So cute. Pretty funny about Mile's big head, haha, just means he has a bigger brain :) Smart boy!

Becca said...

Thanks for the Halloween dessert idea. I have to make something for tonight and this blog post was perfect timing. Love the tub photo.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Your eyeballs turned out great!

I think Miles' "big" head is just perfect! I'm sure he has a big heart to match!

sam said...

Hahaha the eyeball picture is amazing! And cheers to Miles' big head! If you received grades for body measurements Miles would have an A! Way to go bud, auntie is proud

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...