Sunday, September 21, 2014

The recent past

I'm pulling one of my signature moves tonight. "Oh, I'll only be up until I finish _____." Next thing I know, it's 2am and I'm still kickin'. Tonight the reasons were legitimate. Those grapes weren't going to juice themselves. And it ended up taking a LOT longer than I expected. What better way to pass the time than to catch up on some blogging?

Here is Gwen on her first official day of joy school. She has watched Miles go for 2 years now. The first year she kind of tagged along, but last year she was so jealous that Miles got to go all on his own. She was beyond excited that it was her turn. She talked about it all summer. I just love her smile here in this picture. Gwen is so full of life! She's talkative and enthusiastic and emotional and HAPPY! She feels things 100%, whether it be good or bad (usually good), her feelings are extreme. Sure love her.


We hosted our homeschool group one week. We decided to focus on values or character qualities we want our children to develop this year, in each lesson. I chose creativity. I think it turned out pretty well. Here are the kids holding up their creations. (A big pile of recycling materials always come in handy, right?) Oh and a bonus picture of Mr. Caleb. :)


Kid cuteness. Here we have Gwen showing Lindy all about the finer things in life.


Next, we have Lindy showing you how she made the transition from hating solid foods to loving it. She has a major sweet tooth we're trying to work around. Wonder where she got that from?



This is a painting Miles did and I just got such a kick out of it for some reason. He gave it to Aunt Makenna, so I snapped a picture before it left the house. Can you tell what it is? A penguin! Ha! Cutest little penguin I've ever seen.


A recent FHE to visit the Oquirrh Mountain temple grounds. The kids wouldn't stop "posing".


I'm getting more and more comfortable with homeschooling. We're coming up on almost a month, so you could say we're pretty pro by now. ;) We do lots of workbook type activities, but some days, homeschool looks like this: Brown Bear, M&M Math and making wrapping paper for art. :) I'm diggin' it.

2 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

I just love reading these posts about your family! Funnest school ever!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I can relate to the "Oh, I'll only be up until I finish _____. Next thing I know, it's 2am and I'm still kickin'." ...syndrome. Perhaps you inherited it from your crazy mother....for which I apologize. You do accomplish wonderful things during that time, but please be wise. Wish I could be a kid and go to your home school! Love, love, love the pic of Gwen and Miles' penguin! I can see it!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...