Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The past week or so / I need a nap

We went to the Ogden Temple open house. This was such a special opportunity. The kids loved being able to actually go inside the temple since they weren't allowed to go into the Sacramento temple when Ross and Amanda got married. They picked out their special outfits, complete with accessories :) and were pretty well behaved for the entire process. Gwen's favorite part was "the water" (the baptismal font). Miles' favorite part was the "sparkly chandeliers" (the sealing room). Although the ushers do their best to keep you moving along and I wished our family could just have sat the in Celestial room for a bit, I had a tender moment as we passed through that last room. My patriarchal blessing tells me some wonderful promises about my kids and the temple, and as we passed through the Celestial room, I caught a glimpse of Heaven. I thought, "Until my kids are older, this will be one of the only times I will be with all my kids and husband together in the Celestial room." I might have cried a little.


We had the Bluffdale reception for Ross and Amanda! I tried to help out as much as I could throughout the week and the day off, but let's face it, me hauling 3 kids around isn't much help. I was so impressed with all of the ward members and friends who came to help. It was beautiful! Christy out-did herself by serving all fresh food from her garden. It was the most kid friendly reception ever! The spent most of their time running around the tramp, but when they got too rambunctious, they could head downstairs to watch a movie.


We went to the aquarium last Friday. When we went a few months ago, they gave you a bounce back pass to use before the end of August since they were still just opening. Last time we went, it was insane! WAY too many people, and way too many unfinished exhibits. This time, it was calm and totally doable with just me and the kids. I think the octopus was the biggest hit this time. Those aquarium people sure have it all figured out. You pay to get in, they have a play-place you have to pay to use once you get in there, pay to take pictures in booths, and you have to exit through the gift shop. I was proud of my kids for the way they handled such temptation. :) The last thing Miles wanted was a small, stuffed shark from the gift shop, for $10!! I said, wow that's a lot of money, I don't think you have $10 saved yet. The entire way home, he kept insisting we would have a garage sale where he could sell his old toys so he could come by the shark next time. :)


That same night, Makenna and Ian graciously offered to take Miles and Gwen that night for a sleepover! The kids couldn't wait, they talked about it all week. So we drove them up to SLC on Friday night, and then Richie and I used a gift card to go on a date, plus Lindy, to eat some Olive Garden. Lindy is one of the only other girls I would share Richie with on a date. It was eerie and wonderful to only have 1 child to tote along. The next morning, we just took our sweet time getting the chores done, no fighting and pushing the kids to get to work, no whining, just German pancakes and Parks and Rec streaming all morning. It was so cool.

I was taking a candid shot of the two of them here. No they are not posing grumpy on purpose. Holy eyebrows!


So then I said, "Let's try again, and try not to look so angry."


There's too many of Lindy to choose from. She is too darn cute in all of them!



Around 4 on Saturday, we headed up to SLC to pick up the kids and celebrate Ethan's 4th bday!


Gwen was in heaven in this princess dress. Can you tell?


Of course Makenna outdid her self. Maybe one day when I grow up, I can be cool like her.


We officially started homeschooling this week. YIKES! More on that later.


No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...