Thursday, June 7, 2012

Makin Money

I got to paint windows for 2 businesses in town this past week. If you're in the area, Basic Living is a great store if you're in the market for self-sufficient purchases, like food storage, emergency preparedness etc. The people there are so nice!

I also got a return customer! Arctic Circle is gearing up for summer and left it wide open for me. I kind of like that. :) The owner thinks I'm "an artist" and wants me to paint a mural on his office building. YIKES. I told him it's probably not going to happen considering we're moving June 28th. Did you catch that? Yup, we have an official moving date. I like having some schedule to go by. This up in the air business doesn't suit me. Depending on a few things, we'll either be living with Richie's folks for a bit, or we may be able to move straight in to this house we're looking at. So much stress over here. Happy, but stressed. :)





Here's the happy part!









We're loving the nice weather! The Splash Park across the street is finally open and I'm pretty sure the kids are in heaven. Miles has always been timid with these types of things. He still is, but he's so much more adventurous this year! This is Gwen's first time and she couldn't jump in fast enough! She had no issues walking straight through geysers twice her height and wanted to go down the big kid slide all by herself. Crazy girl! It's so much fun to watch the differences in their personalities and how they are growing and changing. It's happening too fast of course. Some days it feels like they have changed just during their nap time. The other day Richie got Gwen after a nap and when he brought her out, I just couldn't believe how blonde her hair was and how big she seemed.

4 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Love Gwen's swimsuit!

Shelley said...

Yay for moving! Good luck with everything! I'm excited to hear more about your house :) And I'm still so impressed with your window art. So talented!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Miles & Gwen are SO cute!
Is there anything we can do to help with the move?

One Opinionated Housewife said...

So I read that you sold your kitchen table. Did you purchase another one, or are you planning on buying one once you get settled in?
I am super excited for you guys to make the move of a lifetime, but I also understand leaving behind such sweet memories.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...