Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

The good thing about a tradition is that you always know what to expect. The bad thing about a tradition is that you always know what to expect. I've been getting Richie these shutterfly books for Father's Day for the past 3 years or so. Just pictures of he and the kids and some nice words to go along inside. So yes, he always knows what he's getting, but I think he still enjoys it.



I tried to pamper him a little on his day, like he always does for me. He didn't have to change any diapers or deal with the kids at all during church! (Best present ever if you ask me) He got asked to speak in sacrament meeting Saturday night, and while that was kind of crummy, at least he didn't have to wrestle 2 biting, screaming, hitting, body-going-limp kids during the longest hour of the week. And his talk was fabulous of course, but what do you expect from a seminary teacher. :)

He got to take a Sunday nap, we made apple pie and ice cream to take to the Christensen's for dessert, and after the kids went to bed, I surprised Richie with a pedicure. Yep, a pedicure. Truth be told, I think he kind of liked it.

Gwen now fits into this adorable sailor dress that Grandma Garner got her before she was born. Out of about 50 pictures, I finally got a good one. Miles was feeling left out and asked me to take a picture of him. What cuties!!





4 comments:

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Adorable.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Wish I could hug them! They're growing too fast.

The Wallace Family said...

Great idea for a Father's Day gift. It is so hard to come up with a meaningful gift for dads!

Love the pics :)

Taysom Wallace said...

Cute Sailor's dress! :) and I concur, gifts for Father's day are the hardest, why are gifts for men so hard?
Love you!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...