Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Day

We saved some fun "Easter" activities to do after the actual Easter and celebrated spring instead! We invited some friends over who are trying to do things the same way and focused on birds. :) We made bird's nest cookies, made our own bird feeders out of tp rolls, PB and bird seed. We even went so far as to decorate our tree with our bird feeders, strings of popcorn, and left over strands of yarn etc that the birds could weave into the nests they are busy making! I'm sure our landlords love us.


4 comments:

Katie said...

What a good idea to spread out the bajillion Easter ideas that are out there, genius Rachel!! I think I know what we're doing tomorrow now : )

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Part of me is jealous of your ideas and energy! Another part of is glad it's you and not me! Someday though, I'll have to try the bird's nest cookies. Wish you had included a recipe.

Becca said...

I was telling Ben the other day that if I was you I would start a preschool. With your teaching degree, your love for all things creative, your patience and energy AND your window painting skills you would have such a successful preschool! Just a thought, but this post confirmed it even more for me.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

fun! Love Lauren's outfit. Those bird nests are super cute.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...