Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In the Raw

(After I published this post, I got to thinking that "in the raw" perhaps refers to naked-ness....I did not mean it that way. I meant it only to say that the state of our apartment as viewed in these pictures is without touch-up, without cleaning up before hand etc. I assure you, there is only partial baby nudity in this post :) Carry on.)
I've been waiting to post pictures of our apartment until I had everything where I wanted it and until it was clean enough to take pictures that I would feel comfortable posting, lest you all discover how messy our house usually is. But I thought today that if I waited until both of those requirements coincided, you may never see the apartment! So here it is, in all it's glory, our spacious 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment. Let me preface these by saying that I took these this morning after a night of throwing up, croupy coughs and regular middle-of-the night feedings, so I promise it's not actually always this messy. Well, maybe it is... And to be honest, the bedroom picture was taken on Saturday when the house was clean. If I was being totally truthful and had taken the picture this morning, you would see a very messy, un-made bed. Ok, there you go.







It's an old house and so it's full of all those fun quirks like built in shelves and drawers in odd places and creaky floors all over. For some reason the way it smells and the way the sink sounds reminds me of my grandma's house, so I liked it right off. :) The only downside to this apartment (aside from having to pay rent now) is that there is no laundry in our apartment. There's a little laundromat on-site that we share with a bunch of other apartments. I forgot what a pain it is. Yesterday I paid over $3 for one load of laundry because the drier wasn't working well enough! We love being closer to civilization, living across from the park and our ward seems good. They have some big shoes to fill, seeing as we loved our old ward so much, but it's what you make it right!? Oh, and just so the entire world knows, Richie got accepted to student teach this fall! We're not sure where yet, but it's somewhere close in the area. We're so excited/relieved!! We're one step closer! It also means we'll be here until at least January, so we won't have to move until then at least which is nice to know.

I couldn't help it...I fought it this entire post, but I must publish this picture, sorry sweetheart. :) I get to go to the gym most evenings and Richie watches the kiddos. What a guy right? A few times, I've come home and found this! It just cracks me up and makes me smile. Also, did you know they have soap paint for the bathtub?? It's made by crayola and I got some the other day. It's so fun!!

8 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Love your apartment! Loved this post!

Ben said...

I remember the first time we started paying rent after 3 years of living rent free. It was so hard and it took me about 6 months to finally come to terms with it. I LOVE that you posted pictures of what your place looks like on a normal day. That's what my place looks like too, but without a made bed. :)

Ben said...

Sorry, that comment was from Becca.

Brian and Stacy said...

haha, that picture is hilarious! At first I couldn't see the bottom of the picture and thought, "oh dear, Rachel! You should have fought it!" Then I saw the swimsuit and let out a sigh of relief. Haha. You're house is HUGE!!! I can't wait until we have that much space! I'm totally jealous!

Makenna said...

It looks nice and roomy! I am so jealous of the home canned goods! With your creative talent Rachel, it will be fixed up in no time I'm sure. take me, I get family pictures done, and it takes me 7 months to put them in picture frames in the bathroom instead of looking at meaningless photos of lavender that doesn't even match the rest of the room :) We can't wait to see you guys and meet Gwen in a couple weeks!!! aHHHH!

Bre and Bobbie said...

The house looks great! That is exciting that Rich is student teaching, I didn't know he was going to be a teacher, that is neat.

Becca said...

The house looks great and that last picture is hilarious!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Can't wait to see it in person. Looks great! The kids' bedroom is a good size!
Sorry that you don't have laundry - hopefully Gwen doesn't have too many blow-outs!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...