Monday, February 21, 2011

The Bad, Good and....Big

First thing's first...

"The Bad"
We are getting kicked out. Bummer. We've gotten so "spoiled" living in our apartment. Not like we haven't had to work for our keep, but I'd say the good definitely outweighed the bad. Now we're going to have to go back to doing things normal people do, like pay rent and utilities. Ugh. And no free Dish? Maaaan! I think it's going to be really hard to leave this apartment. We've been here for almost 2 years (longest place we've lived somewhere) and we've become quite attached to all the quirks and wonderful things about this apartment. I'll try not to get all sentimental on ya'll, but suffice it to say, it's been incredibly fantastic to live here and it's going to be more than difficult to leave.

"The Good"

The silver lining around that big, black cloud is that we are going to be ok! :) There is an apartment in the ward opening up sometime toward the end of April. The owners here have agreed to make it work so that we can keep living here until then. This new apartment is owned by great people in the ward and there will be access to a lawn! Wahoo!! I won't have to stick a sign on the door if I need to run a quick errand or deal with people complaining about their doors being frozen shut. (We live in Idaho people.) This new apartment is also just down the road from us and isn't in a wall-to-wall complex, thank goodness. We're SO glad we get to stay in the ward!! We're also just glad to have a plan and to not be up in the air about this whole thing. We feel very lucky that we get to stay in till the end of April so that our moms can come to help with Gwen and have a little space to themselves and that we won't be moving when I'm great with child. We've also negotiated that we get a free storage unit here at least until December because we figured any apartment we move into now will be smaller than what we've been used to. Even with my crazy nesting that is causing me to get rid of things left and right, I'm still amazed at how much stuff we have. Which brings me to...

"The Big"

That would be me. I can't sleep; one of the reasons being little miss Gwen is having what seems to be an awesome party inside my tummy. My back isn't hurting as much and I'm not as sore these days so the nesting is coming back again, just at a slower pace. I'm almost sick of being pregnant enough to want her to come out. Not quite. Give it a week or two and I'm sure I'll be DONE. I don't know if this is normal, but the thing I'm most nervous about is Miles. How will he handle a new sibling and a new house in such a short space of time? Eeek! I'm starting to ramble. The pregnancy is still going well, I've been having cravings again, (this weekend it was whoppers and OJ) and I hate doing the dishes with such a protrusion out front.

Guess that's it. Time to try and sleep again.

6 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

I'm glad everything is working out well! :) I'm sure Miles will be okay, after all he has an awesome mom and dad to support him :) and soon a loving sister as well! I agree whoppers and oj sounds really good right now! although, maybe not together lol I love you guys!

Taysom

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Hmmmm, well...okay. That is a bummer about having to move, especially since the timing is lousy. I hate when things are up in the air, and you have no idea how to plan for your future.

The quilt is adorable, and I can picture the room a light yellow, with curtains covering the closet and hanging over the window. Aren't you glad that you didn't paint yet?

I am excited for little Gwen, and just so you know, I worried with each of my pregnancies how the children would react to their new sibling. You are completely normal for feeling that way.

Laura Edwards said...

I'm so glad to hear you found another place! (and I despised doing the dishes while pregnant too. I'm not sure what it was, but I just hated it!)

Bre and Bobbie said...

I was really worried about how Brylee would handle things. She is doing better than I thought. Our problem is keeping her from loving Karston too much. I hope all goes well with your new bundle of joy.

Becca said...

You guys really have had such a sweet deal. We would've killed for that back in the day.
I don't know if you're using a moving truck or not, but when we moved we thought that a 17 foot truck would be big enough, because it advertises for a 2-3 bedroom place. Anyway, it wasn't. We ended up using everyone's trucks that came to help. I'm telling you this, because I would be surprised if we owned more than you guys this time last year.
That's great you found a new place so quickly. I wish we lived closer so we could help!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Overall, it's good news.....and we are very grateful!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...